Chapter 31 - Flying

Error's POV

  I looked at Ink's father, tears still falling from my eyes. He stared back at me with an emotionless expression. Eventually he sighed out of defeat.

???: Why do I even bother? You're some god damned persistent AI. Jesus fucking Christ.

  He threw his hands up before motioning the soldiers to put their guns away.

???: Alright. You can go to Guam as well but if you cause trouble, you'll be shut off until the problem is fixed.

  I nodded while glancing at the soldiers.

  Ink gently gripped his hand around mine which caused me to calm down.

  The lead scientist led us to a large machine with sprouted limbs, or a "plane". Once we entered, I looked around at the different technologies that were embedded into it.

  A panel that was at the front told me that it was going to be controlled remotely from the station itself, not needing a pilot to aboard the plane. However my mind was able to work out the system fairly quickly.

  After remembering the destination of the plane, I clicked certain buttons and switches. The plane came to life instantly, ready to start flying.

The lead scientist automatically noticed and looked at me. I didn't acknowledge it, continuing to adjust things to their perfect position.

???: You're not supposed to touch that.

Me: I couldn't care less.

  I heard him sigh but he didn't do anything. I stared at the panel for a few seconds before backing away.

The lead scientist talked quietly with Ink and sadly, I couldn't hear it despite having excellent hearing.

Vibrations from heavy steps told me that he was leaving the plane. I was curious about what he had said to my love but I didn't want to pry.

When walking out of the room, I saw that Ink was sitting in a chair. He seemed to be in deep thought. My mind quietly wished that it was able to read thoughts. I sat down in front of him and made eye contact with him. His eyes locked with mine.

Me: What are you thinking of?

Ink: Jess.

My expression softened but I felt anger grow inside by the mention of her name.

Ink: I grow up with her. She trained me and took care of me when my parents weren't there. All this time she was lying. Did she even care for me or was it just to get close to me to kill me?

I placed my hand on his as a way to show sympathy. I was just created, I never experienced moments like Ink did.

  He looked up and smiled with a few tears rolling down his cheek. Suddenly there was a voice that broke our piece. A voice that was familiar to me.

Turning around, I saw Mason.

Mason: Hello. Last time I saw you, I was going to be executed.

Ink: Are you okay?

Mason: I'm fine but that was an experience.

He childishly laughed while sitting down in a seat on the other side of the plane. I glared at the young scientist and huffed in annoyance.

Me: Why are you here?

Mason: To take care of Ink, of course.

Me: That's my job.

I slightly growled. Ink rubbed my hand to calm me. Mason leaned back, placing his hands behind his head. There was an innocent smile on his face.

Mason: I know it is but I also know that you know nothing about how to take care of Ink's pregnancy.

Silence came to me when I realized that he was right. My hand clenched when I remembered about the time that I had to take care of Ink while he was unconscious and I knew nothing.

I stood up and entered the room with the panel, leaving Ink and Mason. My mind rushed through thoughts as I sat in the pilot's chair and stared out the window. The fluffy white things passed us as we flew to Guam.

I curled up my legs while resting my head on my knees. I felt useless because I couldn't take care of Ink. I wasn't supposed to be useless.

Artificial tears appeared at the corner of my eyes. To distract myself, I worked with the panel of the plane to keep it in perfect condition.

A hand softly touched my shoulder. Turning my head to the right, I saw Ink standing next to me.

Ink: Are you okay, Error? You walked out so abruptly. That really isn't like you.

Me: Yes, I'm okay. I just needed to attend the panel. Don't worry, Ink...

I'm fine