Chapter 3 - Envolving

It was around six of the first half of the day. I sat on the bed with my legs crossed in standby, waiting for the thick clothed people. I learned that they were called "guards" and they carried "guns". Supposedly, the guns can hurt me but I haven't seen them in use yet. Though, I never tried resisting since I was too intimidated by the Athenal Oxide. My eyes moved to the door that was opening and saw guards walking in. I felt my anger increase inside of me.

  They flinched slightly when I stood up. They took my wrists and strapped something around them. Two bands were on me. Both were full of the red liquid that I hated.

Guard: You try anything and those with inject the chemical into you.

  He said with a commanding voice. I could see the fear behind his eyes. He was afraid of me, it would make sense since I was the most dangerous weapon in the entire world. If I wanted to, I could kill this man but I really shouldn't create a problem.

  I followed the guards out of the room and into the elongated room. I took note of everything that I saw. There was a drawing on the wall. It looked to be showing the structure of the rooms.

There were strange objects connected to the walls with red blinking lights on them. Those same objects turned to face me as we walked by. It watched my every movement. We passed a three walled room. I saw two people combatting each other. That's when I recognized one of them as Ink.

  Ink was combatting with a female human. She was extremely taller than him and looked stronger. She pushed him to the ground and went to hit him in the face. Something in my mind told me to protect him.

Quickly running towards them, I stood between them and held out my hand while closing my eyes. I could easily take the punch. I realized that it never came. Opening my eyes, I saw the female completely broken against the wall. There was a giant hole with several cracks running from it. Floating in front of her, was a weird head of some sorts. It seemed that it blasted her to the wall. I couldn't do that earlier.

  The guards were pointing their guns at me while helping the female up from the ground. Looking at Ink, he wasn't showing any fear. He was just surprised to see me. Then I felt a pain in my wrists. Looking at them, I saw that the Athenal Oxide was currently being injected into me. Exhaling a breath, I felt myself collapse to the ground. My eye sight starting to become black. Then I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I felt my body regain consciousness. The first thing I noticed was the fact that I wasn't in my room. Pushing myself up, I looked around.

The ground was a grainy light shade of brown. Some of it stuck to my clothes. Looking at the bands on my wrists, I saw they were full of the chemical again. There were weird wall like structures around me. The room was huge, with tall grey walls. Towards the top of the right wall was a small clear one. Scientists stood inside of it, watching me. The voice of their leader could be heard. It resonating throughout the giant room.

???: How was your rest, Project-7834EQ? Today, will be your first major combat test. Our guards will be shooting at you. We want you to neutralize them.

  As soon he said that, loud noises sounded. I went into alert and entered a fighting stance.

Using the wall structures for cover, I kept the fighting styles in my mind. Then, I remembered the thing that blasted the female against the wall. Trying to picture what I did, I was successful in making it again. It stared back at me.

  The noises got closer. I stepped out and used the floating weapon to hit the guards. It was able to defeat several of them but there were so many. I was becoming overwhelmed. Trying to make more of those weapons, I closed my eyes to focus. There was suddenly loud noises, different from their guns.

Peering around me, I saw blue strings coming from all directions. I wasn't able to do that earlier either. All the guards were laying on the floor.

  Looking at the scientists, I noticed them touching their boards. I assumed I was done since there were no more threats. I saw the leader then press something. The bands starting pumping the chemical into me.

'Why do they keep doing this?'

  They watched me become motionless. I felt extreme rage before blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I opened my eyes to see my room once again. Looking at the clock, I saw that is was almost time to see Ink walk by. After many failed attempts to push myself up, I waited. The bands were gone, giving me a sense of calm. Moving my head, I saw Ink staring at me through the clear wall.

Walking up to it, I put my hands on the smooth surface. We looked at each other. He put his hand on the wall as well, over mine. Ink started to make weird movements with his hands. My mind clicked. It was a form of communication.

Ink: Thank you for protecting me. Even though Jess and I were just training. She wasn't going to hurt me.

  I perceived the words "thank you" as a saying for gratitude. Almost like I've always known this form, I started communicating back.

Me: It was the least I could do.

Ink nodded his head before walking away. I watched him until he was out of my sight. When he was gone, something inside of me felt different. I felt...

Lonely

A Quick Discussion

Project-7834EQ just learned his magic and sign language.

Remember, Error doesn't know what things are so he repeats several of his words. He doesn't know what glass is so he calls it "clear wall". He just knows really basic things until he learns.

By the way, I do this thing where I like talking to the readers personally. If you are coming from Contract Killers (which is another one of my books) than you already know this information. For those who don't, this is A Quick Discussion. AQDs is what I use to explain the story, ask questions, or just to talk.

So yeah...

Bye