Chapter 22 - Tormenting

Error's POV

  I shot up while breathing heavily. Looking around, I tried to figure out where I was however, I couldn't recognize anything. Memories flashed through my mind in a rush but the only one that stayed, was Ink dying.

  Nothing mattered to me anymore. I curled my legs to my chest and hugged myself. Liquid was produced from my eyes and it drenched my cheeks. My body began to subconsciously sway back and forth.

  During my moments of silence, I heard voices. It was coming from the other side of the wall to my right. I noticed that I was in a room that was empty. The walls were made of titanium metal.

  Focusing on the voices, I listened to their conversation. It was a different "language" so my mind had to switch to be able to understand it.

???: It looks sad. I didn't know it was capable of feeling. It doesn't even seem dangerous.

???: The main reason why it's here is so we can get it on our side. It's a formidable weapon.

  There was a pause between their conversation.

???: I don't think it wants to fight.

???: Well, it's going to fight.

  The owners of the voices opened a door and walked into the room. They weren't familiar to me, nothing was. I had no knowledge of anything. The people walked over to me with slight caution. One was female and one was male. The male was a scientist and the female was dressed like a higher status of a guard.

Female: We want to you fight on this side.

  I didn't say anything but I knew she wanted a response.

Female: Do you not speak?

  I refused to talk.

Male: It probably doesn't understand our language.

Female: Fine, it doesn't matter anyway.

  The man started to speak while hoping that I would understand him. I did but I chose not to speak.

Male: We know that your people hurt you and if you work with us, you won't deal with pain anymore.

'You are lying. I can hear it in your voice. And besides, your people killed Ink. You are my enemy.'

Male: You can trust us.

  They tried several tactics to get me on their side but I refused by staying quiet. The female suddenly got angry. They walked out of the room. They talked to each other but I could still hear them.

Female: Fuck it. It's not complying. If talking with it won't work, then we will try other ways.

  Guards walked into the room and made me stand up. I didn't resist because there was no need to. I felt them put bands around my wrists. When I looked at them, I noticed that they were slim. My mind told me that the bands hindered my ability to use my weapons. It dubbed them as "Magic Cancellers".

I was led out of the room and through the unknown hallways. I looked around, making mental notes of the layout. There wasn't a "map" on the wall unlike Contra.

The guards put me in a strange room. There was chains attached to the walls. I heard the sound of the metal door closing behind the guards and I. They attached the chains to my arms, then pulled them outward. I couldn't move anymore because of the restrictions.

  I watched the guards walk out of the room and the female walk in. She was holding a long weapon that was coiled up.

Female: If you won't join our side, then I'll make you.

  She stepped back and uncoiled the weapon. She raised her hand then, quickly lowered it. The weapon skimmed against my cheek. I felt pain but I didn't want to show it. I didn't want to give her satisfaction. She began to repeat her actions. The weapon continued to hit my body.

  I endured the pain for thirty minutes. The female finally gave up.

Female: God dammit! The whip isn't working. We'll have to try something else.

  I glared at the female as she stormed out of the room. The guards watched me so they could shoot me if I tried anything. Even though I wasn't because I have nothing to fight for anymore.

  The female came back with a gun. It wasn't a normal gun as I noticed sparks coming off the end.

'Electricity.'

  With an angered expression, she touched the gun to my neck. I felt the electricity run through my body. I hated the pain. I couldn't help but grimace. I had to do everything to hold back my scream. My body wasn't used to this so I didn't have any resistance towards it.

  The female stopped, allowing me to get a break from the electrocution. She gave up and told the guards to put me back in my containment cell. They dragged me back quickly. When the door was opened, they threw me in.

  When I was alone, I stood in the middle of the room. I noticed there was now a table and a bed.

  My breath started to increase until I couldn't hold it in. I let out a pained scream. I didn't want to fight anymore. I didn't want to be in this war. I hated the pain. I hated humanity.

  I grabbed the table and threw it across the room out of rage. It broke when it hit the wall. Collapsing to my knees, I felt the strange liquid fall from my eyes.

  I missed my love. I missed Ink so much. Every single fiber of my existence longed for Ink but humanity killed him and now...

Ink's gone