Chapter 10

The End…Or Is It?

Thane’s POV

The wedding seemed to take hours before it was over when it was more like two. I stood hidden in the shadows as my wife, it sounded strange calling Rose that, made her way slowly through the pack. “I’m disappointed in you Thane.” A soft voice said behind me causing me to jump.

I spun around and saw Mrs. G staring at me with tears sparkling in her eyes. Mrs. G was like a second mother to me, especially since I lost my mother just months after Callie was kidnapped, to cancer. And to know that I did something to make her disappointed in me stung. “What did I do?” I asked, but almost afraid of what her answer would be.

The tears that I saw in her eyes spilled over the dam and rushed down her face. Each tear was like a brand burning my soul. “You gave up on her Thane. You, who swore to me that you would never stop looking for her.” She gently held up my arm and slide my sleeve down just a inch. I was so confused and had hundreds of thoughts swirling through my mind.

“I gave up on who Mrs. G?”

“Callie, Thane. You gave up on my Callie. Not for one second did that little bracelet she gave you leave your arm until a few days ago. And then your father tells me that you ordered the men to stop looking for her. You broke your promise and what was left of my heart.” She turns to leave and I just stood there watching her go like a statue.

Why would Callie run after she figured out who her mate was if she knew that death would come to her when he marked another?

If you were in her shoes, my wolf spoke for the first time in days, if you found your mate but saw that she was engaged to someone else and madly in love, would you step up and rip their hearts to pieces. Or would you step into the background and let their love live?

I, I…

Exactly. But you see, Callie’s not the kind of person you are. The love she has for her mate is true love. But because her mate was in love with other, Callie couldn’t bring herself to step up and let him know. She’s strong, but not strong enough to stand back and watch the two together until her mate marks the other femme. She did what she had to so she could die in peace.

My wolf became silent and left me to my thoughts alone. I decided that tomorrow, I would take a huge group of men and start searching all over for Callie. But as I slowly made my way to Rose, I couldn’t help but feel that by then it would be to late for my friend.

Draco’s POV

Standing in front of Matthias’s window, I watch the sun as it slowly started to set. “You must make your decision now Matthias. Night is almost upon us, and soon he will mark another.” He nodded at me, but didn’t speak. A minute or two later, the Beta’s son sticks his head around the door slowly.

“You called me Sire?”

“I need you to bring my daughter to me Ryan. On the double.” The young man nods and I could hear him running down the hall. “You’ll have to explain what’s about to happen to her Matthias.”

“I know Draco, I know.” He sighs heavily and I know that he’s hoping this would work for her sake. I didn’t tell him that once I completed the Transfer, I would know who her mate had been. I was debating on whether or not to tell him when the door opened and Ryan walked in with the most breathtaking woman I’d ever laid eyes on.

“Draco, I’d like you to meet my daughter Callie. Callie this is my best friend Draco Vince.” Matthias introduced us and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. She slowly lifted her eyes to look at me and I froze.