Chapter 2

Discovery

Callie’s POV

Three days has passed since I saw Thane and Rose. In those three days my life has changed greatly, not that you would know it by looking at me. The first thing that changed about me was my attitude towards my step-father. Even though he wasn’t my dad, I decided to accept him as such. He would be the only father I would remember anyway.

And the second thing about me that changed was the fact that I found out I was a werewolf. It was during the third day that I discovered that little tidbit of information. I was sitting alone in my room when I heard someone humming. Seeing as how I was the home at the time, I thought I was hearing things.

That was until the voice started to speak to me. It started just hours after a doctor came to give me a checkup, but I refused to see him. I had already been given a clean bill of health so why did I need another checkup.

They didn’t kill me. The voice stated as I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. Who didn’t kill you?

The hunters.

And who are the hunters?

The men who kidnapped you when you were younger.

Why would they try to kill you?

Because I’m your wolf.

Un-huh. I say softly not really believing the voice. Werewolves didn’t exist, and I was talking to myself. They gave you pills of wolfsbane and silver flakes every day for years to kill me. And if we had stayed in their hands for another year, I wouldn’t be here. I’m sorry for the headaches I cause you to feel.

So, I’m a werewolf?

Yes.

Why should I believe you? You’re just a voice in my head.

You wouldn’t be you if you believed me right off the bat. Even though I am a part of you Callie. Ask your mother, she’ll tell you the truth.

Do you have a name? I can’t keep calling you “the voice” now, can I?

I’m Cherry. Cherry became quiet, but I knew she was still there. Getting off my bed, I quickly make my way to the living room where I found my mom watching the news. “Can I speak with you?”

She looks up at me and smiles. “Come sit beside me baby girl.” I sat beside her and tucked my feet under me. “What’s up?”She asked, turning the tv off and looking at me. I take a deep breath and jump. “Am I a werewolf?”From the corner of my eye I saw her tense.

“Who told you that?”

“I started hearing a voice in my head the other day. She said I was.”

“She?”

“She said her name is Cherry.” I stop talking and look at my mom. After several minutes of silence, she speaks softly. “Yes baby girl, you’re a werewolf. I was planning on telling you when you turned ten so we could start helping you get ready for the shift. And for hearing your wolf speak to you for the first time. But you were taken from me.”

“When do I shift?”

“You’ll shift on the day you turn twenty. But you could find your mate before then. I’m glad that they didn’t kill your wolf.”