CHAPTER NINE

Their  comfortable silence was sadly interrupted with the sound helicopter  blades

Their comfortable silence was sadly interrupted with the sound helicopter blades. Lizzie furrowed her eyebrows together, a confused and worried expression was on her face as she noticed the bright lights of the helicopters.

"Is that..." Minho's voice trailed off, not even wanting to say it was WICKED, even though they all knew it was.

"How did they find us?" Lizzie mumbled, her voice laced with confusion.

Her gaze then trailed over to where Thomas and Teresa were standing on top of the nearby cliff and she was starting to believe that Teresa was the one that brought WICKED to them.

The four of them run back down to the base after the base was hit with the first explosion. "Watch out!" Newt exclaimed.

Minho made sure that he had a tight grip on Lizzie's hand, not wanting to lose her, as they carefully ran around the fire, trying to find Aris, Harriet, Sonya, and Vince.

There were explosion after explosion. Soon most of the base was either on fire or somewhat covered with smoke. More fear grew in Lizzie as WICKED security guard's dropped down from the helicopters, beginning to shoot their electricity guns at anyone that was near them.

Lizzie hides behind a barrel with Minho while Newt and Frypan hid behind the one that was next to them.

"Where's Thomas?" Frypan asked.

Her eyes scanned around the area, not noticing their friend anywhere amongst the chaos that was happening before them. "I have no idea." She nervously bit her lower lip, thankful for Minho who rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand that was still intertwined with his to try and calm her down.

"Vince, Harriet!" Minho exclaimed, noticing they were at a army pickup truck. The four of them ran over to the truck, ducking besides it to avoid getting shot. "How can we help?"

"You need to cover us!" Harriet replied, getting more ammo for Vince. Vince handed Minho a gun. "You know how to use this thing?" He asked him and Minho nodded.

"Cover me." Vince told him.

Minho nodded once again, letting go of Lizzie's hand, and before he started to help cover Vince and Harriet he kissed Lizzie on the cheek. Newt was on the other side of the truck with Frypan and Lizzie stayed behind Minho, helping Harriet with giving ammo to Vince.

"Vince, hurry up!" Newt exclaimed, his worried gaze scanning the WICKED security guards that were heading their way. "There's too many of them!"

"Look out!" Vince shouted, noticing something being thrown at them.

Lizzie groaned in pain as she was hit with a wave of electricity. Losing balance, she falls to the ground, landing besides Minho, her heart breaking seeing that he was in pain just like she is. She tried getting up, but her body was limp and she felt numb. The last thing she remembered seeing was the security guards walking up to them before her vision went black.