CHAPTER THREE

(time skip to when thomas arrives)

Before she knew it, it was the day they got a Greenie and more supplies

Before she knew it, it was the day they got a Greenie and more supplies. Things have been going like normal, and they still haven't found anything new in the maze yet.

The newest Greenie they got is Chuck, and in Lizzie's opinion, he is so adorable. She hated that the Creators sent up someone as young as he is. The Creators probably didn't even care how young he was. The Creators is who Lizzie and the other Gladers call whoever sends up the Box.

Things were slightly different since Newt was not a Runner anymore because of the limp he now had. Now he's the keeper of the Track-Hoes, which are just the gardeners. He's great at that job, but Lizzie could tell that he missed being a Runner sometimes.

Whenever she heard the alarm of the Box, she left the Med-Jack hut with Clint and Jeff. Then, she headed over to the Box, seeing that everyone else was doing the same thing.

"Okay, someone open up the Box." Alby said as he put his hands on his hips.

Two boys opened up the Box, and in the Box was a boy their age with hazel eyes and brown hair.

He had his arm covering his eyes, blocking the sun that was blinding him, and it was obvious he was scared. Lizzie didn't blame him. She was just as frightened as he was when she first got there. She had hidden in the Box for a few hours until Minho jumped down and convinced her to get out.

Murmurs filled the air along with laughter, and Lizzie rolled her eyes. Some of these boys still didn't have any manners. It annoyed her so much. She went to step forward to greet the Greenie like she usually does, but Gally jumped down in the Box before she could.

Gally smirks. "Day one, Greenie."

Lizzie bit her lower lip as she watched the Greenie get thrown to the ground after he was out of the Box. The brunette-haired boy looked up at them as some of the Gladers laughed, apparently finding his scared expression amusing. Lizzie hated how the boys were treating him and because of how they were treating the Greenie, she wanted to punch them. She watched the Greenie scrambled to get up and immediately take off running. Some of the boys then started joking around.

"Looks like we got a Runner!" Zart yelled.

Lizzie winces when the Greenie tripped over his feet and falls to the ground. Lizzie rolled her eyes as the boys cheered. The Greenie stood up slowly and turned around, looking at the four walls that trapped him in with fear.

Gally was in charge of getting the supplies out and had some of the boys helping him with that while everyone else went to work. Alby had decided that they should put the Greenie in the pit for a while.

Since no one has gotten hurt yet, and she already cleaned the Med-jack hut. So, Lizzie went over to see if Gally and the others needed some help with the supplies.