CHAPTER THREE

Lizzie  and Minho were laying on her bed

Lizzie and Minho were laying on her bed. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder while they had their hands intertwined with each other. They were enjoying the comfortable silence between them and the quiet chatter from their friends when all of a sudden the door of the vent was knocked off. Thomas scrambled to get up and the couple shared a look of confusion as Thomas quickly went to the door. 

"We gotta go. We gotta go right now." He spoke in an urgent tone and the two of them stood up along with the others that were sitting.

"What do you mean?" Lizzie asked him, furrowing her eyebrows as she started to worry about what was happening.

"They're coming. We gotta go. They're coming for us." Thomas continued saying, grabbing some bedding and tied it around the door handle.

"Who? Janson?" Lizzie bit her lower lip nervously.

"Paige. She's still alive." Thomas muttered and Lizzie's eyes widened.

Lizzie looks over at Aris who had a blank stare, and she wondered what they saw. "Aris, what happened?" Frypan asked him, but got no reply which only worried Lizzie more. If Aris wasn't saying anything she knew what he and Thomas saw must have freaked them both out and that didn't mean anything good.

"Thomas, can you just calm down and talk to us?" Newt asked Thomas, trying to get Thomas to calm down.

"She's still alive." Thomas replied.

"Who's she? Teresa?" Frypan questioned.

"Ava." Thomas answered.

"Ava?" Newt asked with furrowed brows.

"Ava Paige." Lizzie muttered, letting go of Minho's hand as she crossed her arms.

"It's WICKED!" Thomas suddenly shouts, turning around to face them with an upset expression on his face. "It's still WICKED. It's always been WICKED." He then grabbed the bed he got the bedding from and pushed it up against the door. 

Newt steps forward to Thomas, stopping Thomas from doing anything else. Newt furrows his eyebrows. "Thomas, what did you see?"

After Thomas told them what they saw and what was going to happen to them if they didn't leave now, they decided to go through the vents to escape. Thomas was the first to get out of the vent and once he made sure no one was around the others quickly followed.

"Okay, let's go, let's go!" Thomas exclaimed.

"You guys go ahead. There's something I gotta do." Aris said.

"Wait, what?" Lizzie asked as she looked at Aris with confusion.

"Trust me, it's important. You guys guys wanna get out of here, right? Just go." Aris told them.

"I'll go with him." Winston spoke up and went back into the vents with Aris.

"You sure we can trust this kid?" Minho asked while the group started running down the hallway.