chapter 34

❝she plans like there's no tomorrow❞

"PAPA!!"

satoru immediately rushed upstairs not before he had turned off the stove though.

"WHAT HAPPENED?! IS THERE A COCKROACH?!", the white-haired male panicked, to which he saw nothing out of the ordinary except for his little daughter who was grinning widely.

"no, but you were supposed to be here when I wake up", marri stated, extending her arms out towards her father as she watched satoru sigh.

"you scared me", he grumbled as he picked marri up, only to take her to the bathroom as he picked an outfit of the day for the girl.

"sorry", marri replied as she started brushing her teeth, making sure that it was squeaky clean.

"so what's the plan for today, princess?"

"stahgejkd...hwodnldo...and..skdnwks", marri said.

satoru smiled.

"I'll ask you again when you come downstairs for pancakes", satoru hummed as he left the girl's room, letting her get ready as she soon hobbled down the stairs in her sweatpants and white shirt — which matched satoru himself.

"papa, can we start planning my birthday party? there's only like two or three weeks left, and it has to be PERFECT!"

"what would you like this year? party in paris? pool party? race cars? or horse racing; remember that horse that I bought you?"

"yeah, toru. that's actually how I met mr. tōji. I was walking around and—"

"with ijichi right?", satoru interrupted, to which marri had quickly replied.

"yes", she lied.

"anyways, I was thinking like two days for my birthday? or is that too much?"

"nothing's ever too much for my princess", satoru smiled, watching as marri sipped her orange juice as she hummed.

"so I want to spend the fourteenth with everyone, but can I spend the fifteenth with you? there's this new café that I saw online and I want to try it with you. I even bought us matching outfits!! ...with your money of course...hehe..."

satoru chuckled as he nodded, patting marri's head as he kissed the top of her forehead.

"of course, of course~"