chapter 10

❝she appreciates megumi❞

marri was holding onto itadori and megumi's hands, to which the two teens were swinging the girl as she giggled throughout the streets.

"noba, where are we going next?", marri asked, as kugisaki was the ultimate shopper.

"oohhh!! how about that store?! it seems like there's a sale!!", kugisaki excitedly said, to which the boys had sighed as they begrudgingly followed.

"hello, welcome to—"

"where's the clearance isle?", kugisaki interrupted, to which the woman had awkwardly chuckled as she pointed to the back of the store.

megumi slightly bowed as an apology as marri had dragged the two teens towards the kid section, meanwhile kugisaki had already picked out loads of clothing to try on.

"goomi, what do you think?! should I get this? or what about that?! which one do you like??", marri excitedly asked, turning her head every which way as there were many things that excited her.

"whichever you like", megumi responded, to which marri had only hummed.

the girl then skimmed the store, looking outside as she then noticed a very low level curse, clinging onto a pole like a caterpillar.

intrigued, marri had immediately let go as she ran out, causing both boys to yell out to her.

"OI! MARRI!!"

the little girl smiled as she ran to the pole, bumping into the same man that she had met at the horse racing stadium.

"oh, it's you, mister shady", marri commented, to which the dark-haired man would've loved to forget about her, but she was just annoyingly unforgettable.

"it's you...brat.."

"marri's the name, but close enough", the little girl smiled as she inched closer to the pole, staring at it intensely.

"what the hell are you doing here? don't you have a parent or something?"

"do you see it?", marri asked, not taking her eyes off the curse that had a brown outer appearance with a coral-colored body and multiple legs.

"hah? what are you talking about?", the man asked, now suspicious that marri wasn't just some normal child.

marri then tried to touch the curse, making a few people look weirdly at the child as they couldn't see the caterpillar-like creature.