|21|

This art above isn't mine but it's your comfort imagine for this chapter.

3rd Person POV

Bill tapped his fingers on the table impatiently as he waited for Preston Northwest to be done with his rambling.

"So technically if you agree on our terms, everyone would be satisfied," Just as Preston seemed to finish, Priscilla, his wife, opened her mouth as well.

"But what about the percentage of money we were talking about? We need that in the deal too," She said.

The reason Bill needed to meet up with the Northwests was because he had thought they might have been useful. It was actually a logical assumption, in this town (even though not many people knew it) were hidden all sorts of things.

From gnomes and unicorns to magical items that had been passed down in generations in some families here. Bill had hoped that maybe the Northwests had something that he might be interested in.

Though it appeared that the only thing that had been passed down in their family was human money and much, much tax fraud that Bill wasn't interested in.

While Preston and Priscilla were quite interested in making a deal with Bill, the demon had introduced himself to be quite wealthy after all. And now he was stuck here, listening to the two argue back and forth about what deal they should offer him even though Bill wouldn't want to form a deal in the first place anymore.

This was going to be a long day...

.

Dipper's hands were all dirty from digging the object up. He had only burried them yesterday and now he needed to dig them up again. Now that he thought about it, what was he even digging up? Ford's memory and the knife? But he wasn't ready to kill Bill, no way.

Just as Dipper thought the situation couldn't get any shitter, it started raining. It started with only a few drops but soon started purring down.

The two elves started helping Dipper and they soon succeeded in digging the items up.

"Alright, we just need to grab Ford's memories, right?" Dipper nervously asked as he picked the glowing container up and just stared at the knife. The blade was covered in mud and was all dirty.

Soon that dirt would be blood, Dipper quickly shook his head, he didn't want to picture it.

The elves exchanged looks before looking back up at Dipper.

"Knife too," One of the elves said.

Dipper gulped, he didn't even want to touch the knife. It was almost like the magical object was staring right into Dipper's soul, which was ridiculous since it wasn't alive and couldn't see, but at this point Dipper wasn't sure what was impossible and what wasn't anymore.

He didn't realize he had been staring at the knife for a while before one of the elves nudged him slightly, snapping him out of his thoughts. Pushing down all the angst inside of him, Dipper reached for the knife.

As soon as he touched the handle, he felt like the knife was more in control than himself.

Stop it Dipper, this isn't the time to get dominated by a knife, Dipper told himself and quickly wrapped some paper he had with him around the knife so he didn't have to look at it or accidentally cut himself.

The rain had now turned into a thunderstorm, making Dipper and the elves hurry back inside. Dipper's clothes were soaked and muddy, though he didn't have time to clean up. If he needed to free his family, friends and the other elves that were trapped, he would need to hurry since he had no idea when Bill would return.