home

*Song: From the Ground Up by Dan + Shay* 

Your legs were currently shaking and your hand was firmly grasping Flip's hand. It was the only thing calming you down. You were currently on the plane to Boston. You had about 30 minutes left on the flight and you couldn't wait for it to be over. 

Maeve was in the window seat absolutely knocked out. She was always one to sleep the entire flight. You were in the middle seat. Flip tried to stay awake for your sake but you could tell he was tired. About halfway through he fell asleep but he never let go of your hand. He knew you hated flying and even if he wasn't awake he was comforting you. 

The over header announcement went off signaling we were about to start our descent into Boston. You looked out the open window and you could see the lights. The city you loved right below you. A city that was home but didn't exactly feel like it since your home was right next to you. 

You lightly nudged Maeve to wake her up before you moved to wake up Flip. You pressed light kisses across his cheek to wake him up. He started to smile in his sleep. His eyes started to flutter. He squeezed you and you laid your head on his shoulder as you felt the plane start you touch the ground beneath you. 

When the plane landed you looked up at Flip who was already looking down at you. As much as you were nervous about what the trip entailed you felt better knowing Flip would be by your side for it all. 

*

*

*

*

When you got to your childhood home. Everything hit you. You were home and it wasn't a holiday or some spontaneous trip. Your mom was sick and when you walked through that door, she wouldn't be the one to greet you. Flip could tell you were nervous. He looped his hand into yours and gave you a reassuring smile. 

When you got to the front door you noticed it was unlocked so you decided to just walk right in. You could hear the patter of little feet before you saw them. Your nephews, Major and Maverick, were chasing each other around the house. They all of a sudden caught you from around the house and started towards you, "AUNTIE!!". 

They were running when Flip came into view and they completely changed course. "UNCLE FLIP."

Flip crouched down to their level, opening his arms. They ran full force at him, colliding forcefully with Flip. "Uncle Flip come with us we have new toys!" They started pulling Flip when your father entered the room. 

"Boys now let's not pull Flip's arm out of his socket. I need him to help with housework later." 

Flip started laughing, pulling your dad into a semi-hug before he was following the boys into their playroom. You couldn't help but smile at Flip playing with Maverick and Major. It just looked so natural for him. You were pulled out of your thoughts when your father came over pulling you into a hug. 

"Hey, champ. How was the flight?" 

"It was good nothing special." 

"How's Flip's hand? I'm assuming you almost broke it given your hate of flying." 

Before I could even answer Flip yelled from the room over, "I still have the bruises!" 

You scoffed, what a baby. Your dad started laughing and began pouring you a cup of coffee. 

"How is Colorado Springs?" He asked with a wink and nodded his head to the other room. You hadn't exactly told your family about your new relationship status with Flip you figured your dad had realized when you walked in hand and hand with Flip.