courtroom

*Song: Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish*

T/w: the mock trial is a case about abuse and murder. The abuse is not talked in full detail but if this triggers you please read with caution and if you need anything I'm always around to chat. 

*

*

The past 3 weeks have been absolute havoc. Flip and you had barely seen each other. I mean yes you guys were having sex every morning and it was amazing but that was the only time you saw each other.

Flip was so busy with the case he often didn't come home till 1 am. It's gotten so busy that even Ron was crashing on your couch because it was closest to the station. He had basically become your third roommate but you didn't mind he was kind and extremely tidy.

You, on the other hand, were preparing for your mock trial and honestly, you were probably working ten times harder than anyone else in your class. You were the only girl in the class of 25 men and even your teacher was male. They even had to have a random girl from the school play the woman on trial because we have no other females.

The case was about a woman who was abused by her husband and one night she shoots and kills him in order to escape with her children. I was defending the woman on trial and honestly, as much as I wish it was a cut and dry case, it wasn't.

Due to you being the only female in the class the dipshits you call classmates were extremely sexist and made it clear that there was no chance in hell you could win. So to prove them wrong you worked your ass off.

You also felt bad though because you had so much work with school the undercover case has gotten pushed aside. You asked the chief for time off so you could focus. He gave you it off but you knew it was putting even more work on Flip and Ron.

Also, Connie has begun calling you because you weren't showing up. You lied and said you have personal issues and it took up most of your days. You felt bad though because you knew she was interrogating Flip when she did see him. But he was a big boy and could handle it.

*

*

*

*

It was the morning of the mock trial. You were nervous but you felt ready. Flip nor Ron stayed over last night so you had the apartment entirely to yourself. You blared your music and for once was excited to get all dressed up. You put on an all-black outfit that consisted of a pencil skirt, sweater, and heels, topped off with a long black peacoat. It was definitely your most expensive outfit but it so worth it because not only did you look professional but also looked so hot. You knew if Flip could see you right now he will immediately have his hands all over you.

You were about to text Flip but you decided against it. You had told him about the trial about a week ago but with how busy he was you wouldn't be surprised if he didn't remember. With that, you didn't want to text him to remind him because if he couldn't make it he would feel like shit so I figured this way if he didn't remember he wouldn't even know.

You were all ready and had a few minutes to spare so on the way to the courthouse you decided to stop for coffee.

"Hey, could I please get a medium Americano, thank you."

After getting your coffee, you started to head out when you heard your name being called. It was Ron.

"what are you all dressed up for?"