|2|: Misery Counsler

~a month and a half later~

The weeks passed and Marinette and Luka made their relationship official. Alya of course, was thrilled for her best friend and she constantly asked Marinette embarrassing questions like "How far have you gotten?" Or "Is he a good kisser?" Or Marinette's personal favorite "What's his size?" Of course Marinette managed to skillfully dodge each question, much to Alya's frustration.

Luka came around the school a lot more in order to spend free periods with Marinette and her friends. He would play his guitar and jam out with his fellow "Kitty section" band members, and everyone loved having him around. Everyone, except Adrien of course.

The past few weeks, Adrien had been struggling to keep his feelings of jealousy under control. Seeing Marinette so happy with another man, made Adrien want to rip out his hair. But he refrained from doing so, knowing that his exploitative and strict father wouldn't appreciate Adrien's baldness. But it wasn't easy to shake his dark thoughts, when he had to see Luka on a consistent basis.

The part that made Adrien increasingly frustrated, was that as much as he desperately wanted to... he couldn't bring himself to hate Luka.

Not only was it because Luka was just a really cool and laid back guy, who happened to be an excellent musician; but he also happened to take good care of Marinette and he truly cared for her. As much as it pained Adrien to admit it, Luka was good for Marinette and they made a cute couple.

Of course, Adrien would rather have a severe allergic reaction to feathers, than admit his thoughts out loud to anyone. So instead, he watched in pained silence as the woman he loved relished in her newfound happiness.

***

"So Luka, how's college treating you?" Alya asked. "It's going pretty good. I switched one of my classes from an art history course to a performing arts course. I had been wanting to take the class for a while, but there wasn't an opening when I first started school." He replied.

"Does this mean you'll get to practice your music more?" Marinette asked excitedly. She knew how much it meant to Luka, that he be allowed to follow his musical aspirations. It had always been his one true passion in life, and he had been worried that he might have to give it up for school.

Luka smiled happily. "Yep! Now I have a two hour class at the end of Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's. It should give me plenty of time to hone my skills."

Marinette squealed and hugged Luka tightly. "That's great! I'm so happy for you Luka!" The other students hanging out with them chimed into the conversation and started a lively discussion about music. Adrien however, sat there with a sour expression on his face. 'I really wish that I could find a flaw with that guy.'

"Dude, what's with that facial expression? You look constipated." Nino said as he poked Adrien's cheek. Adrien jumped slightly at the sudden contact. "Nino, not cool dude!" He said in annoyance.

Nino simply laughed. "Sorry dude, you just seemed so spaced out." He said before looking at his friend's forlorn facial expression and then at Marinette and Luka. A lightbulb went off in his head and he smirked.

"So that's it, huh?" He mused. Adrien turned to Nino and arched a brow. "What are you talking about?" He asked, confused. "I'm talking about how you're jealous that Marinette's dating Luka." Nino replied while sending his friend a knowing look.

Adrien blushed a deep crimson, then cleared his throat and looked away. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." He said as convincingly as possible. His words belied his obvious embarrassment.