10

Tuesday 8th Friday 2021
2:59 pm
Shuichi Saiharas pov

Banging was the only thing I could hear, smashing plates and screaming...more like pleading.

"p-please! Do not hurt Shuichi!" I heard my mom plead to my father... Drunk father.
"don't tell me what to do again you bitch!" he yelled and I heard a loud crash.

I screamed into my hands that I tightly squeezed my mouth. I was hiding in my closest, underneath my clothes. Like I always did.

Loud footsteps began to bang up the stairs, coming to my room. Other then that, my room was silent. More then my room was.... The whole house was.

"Shuichi!" I heard my father laugh harshly from the outside if my bedroom. My door seemed to be broken down. "come out and talk to your dear father!" he declared as he walked around my room.

More tears an down my face as I kept as still as a statue. "come on Shuichi, if you don't come out now I can ensure you will regret it."
Those words triggered me, and I fell out my wardrobe. I fell on my side and saw my door lying on the floor and my father standing by bedroom window, a kitchen knife in his right hand and a hammer in the other.

"good boy" he said with a phycopathetic expression on his face. I was shaking like mad, yet was too scared to move from him...

"now then let's look at this!" he snatched a picture of me and my childrenhood friend off my night stand and looked at it.

It was a special picture to me, since it was the last picture we ever took together. We were hugging each other. His arms were around my waist from the side of me while I was resting my head on his shoulder, hugging him back. We were both crying, but it was also the last time I ever saw him smile, which was a good thing since he was a very anxious boy.

"what a brat" he hissed at the other boy in the phone and thew the picture on the floor and began to stomp on it, smashing the picture and the glass protecting the picture.

"n-no! Stop!" I cried and put a hand out, on top of the picture, trying to stop him. But instead, he stomped on my hand into the small shards of glass from the photo frame.
I screamed in pain and pulled away.

"m-mommy! He-help!" I cried out. "s-stop!" I clingled into my hand trying to call for mommy.

"oh you want your mommy?" he hissed and grabbed me by my hair. I let out another scream "well you failed this time, Shuichi! Your mommy has left you"
"n-no!"
"yes, her body is downstairs, why don't we go have a look!" he yelled and dragged my by the shoulder down stairs.

At the bottom of the stairs, there was my mom. Lifeless. She was draped up the stairs, blood was once pouring out her stomach and her head.

"n-no! M-mom-"

"Shuichi wake up!" a panicked voice pulled me out of my nightmare.

My breathing was heavy and I was covered in swaet and sobbing. "o-ouma.." I said through sobs and deep breaths.

"come here..." Kokichi whispered calmly and covered us in the duvets and hugged me. "I-I want m-mommy" I cried and hugged onto him.
"it's okay.." he whispered with a shaky breath.  "it's just in your head..."
I gripped onto the smaller boy like he  was about to disappear. "i w-want my m-mom... Kok-Kokichi"

"okay, okay, just try and breath for now..." he muttered, petting my hair. I nodded my head and rested on top of his chest, trying to calm myself down.
"I-I saw m-mommy... De-dead..." I cried, not realising I was saying  'mommy'.
"shush... Its in your head..." he told me, stroking my hair making me realise that I wasn't wearing my hat.

"I...." I tried to find words to explain the nightmare was more like a memory I'd been wanting to forget, but instead more sobs left my mouth.
"calm down, Saihara..." ouma whispered to me as he slowly rocked me side to side.
My breathing slowed down.
"if you need to sleep I'll stay here..." he said, it was comforting.

"t-thank you." I muttered, still shaking and clinging to his top.
"it's alright"