Chapter 3

‘Today went fast!’ I said to Kat as we walked up to wood work.

‘Yeah, I know I thought it was only period two’ Kat Replied.

Our school wasn’t that big so it didn’t take long to walk up to wood work. We got there kinda early so we sat down outside and waited for the teacher. I hadn’t seen Him or Ned today and so far the day had been pretty boring. Finally the teacher came and we all headed into class I was sitting next to Kat when Kim came in.

‘I didn’t know you were in our class!’ I exclaimed, as she came and sat down next to me.

‘Yeah’ she said out of breathe ‘They just changed my schedule’.

‘Oh, great!’ Kat and I said at the same time.

The teacher had just started to speak when He came in. My mind did a back flip, what! I shouted silently to myself. Damn I don’t need distractions, I'm more likely to hurt myslef then.

‘Anyway as I was saying’ The teacher said with only a glance at Him as he walked in. ‘Ill be putting you in pairs, and each pair will be doing a different activity each week.

She started going through the pairs. Kim and Kat got put together, which was kind of a bummer since now I would have to with a random. I missed the teacher say my name while having my little mental conversation. So I didn’t hear the footsteps.

‘Um... do you want to do prac first or theory?’ a guy asked me.

‘Theory’ I said without bothering to look up.

‘Um… ok’ he said.

I looked up about to tell him he said ‘Um’ a lot. When my jaw dropped open, it was Him.

“You’re my partner?’ I said kind of rudely.

‘Yeah, didn’t you hear the teacher?’ He asked.

‘No, I was thinking…’ I said stupidly.

‘Right,’ He said smirking, making me mentally melt. ‘Well anyway so theory?’

‘Yup, um I have to go ask the teacher something...’ I said backing away.

‘ok’ He said turning away.

I walked up to the teacher who was busy yelling at some ninth grader 'Hammer's Are Not Weapons!'

‘Um, Miss?’ I said quietly.

She didn’t hear me so I said it a little louder, she still didn’t hear me.

‘Miss!’ I sort of yelled. Do you know when suddenly everyone stops talking and you do something really embarrassing, well that was a lot like what was happening now.

‘What is it Miss England?’ She said with a sigh.

‘I-I was wondering if I could change partners?’ I said as the other students went back to their conversations.

‘Sorry Miss England, but the list is set in stone no can change.’ She said, as if she had repeated the same thing hundreds of times.

‘But Miss… please’ I said practically begging.

‘No ‘buts’ Miss England, my word is final!’ she nearly shouted startling some boy in front of her.

‘Bitch’ I muttered as she turned away, my mistake she turned straight back at me her face completely red.

‘Afternoon Detention!’ she yelled at me before turning away.

Ahh crap I thought to myself now schools making me stay back even longer. Sometimes I just wish school didn’t exist. Maybe we could just all choose our professions and just study that so we were experts in our chosen field and nothing else. Well there’s another good wasted idea that will never happen. I seem to have a lot of those.

I walked back over to Him and sat down facing him.

‘So what are we doing?’ I asked.

‘Dunno don’t care’ he said looking kinda angry. Hmm I guess he heard my little rant to the teacher. Crap.

‘Err well ok then.’ I said looking in our tray thing. It was some boring trivia on native Australian timber.

I finished the sheet quickly and started drawing on the other side of the page. I didn’t know exactly what I was drawing, but suddenly a face I recognized started forming. I quickly rubbed it out shocked that I would draw Him after everything.

But there you go my stupid fickle temper, never stayed when I wanted it too. I couldn’t even blame the teacher; I would have done the same thing in her position.

I looked at my watch and saw it was nearly time to go. I started packing my stuff when I realised He wasn’t there. I looked around and saw him chatting up some girl in the corner. Well there goes my good mood. I shoved my books into my bag and pushed past him to the door.

I didn’t bump him hard, but he turned around anyway, saw it was me and smirked. What the hell was up with him I didn’t even really know him. I just happened to have bad luck that came with perks. On one hand he was incredible handsome on the other hand he was turning out to be a jerk but I couldn’t really know.