Chapter 14

((A/N) THANKS SO MUCH FOR 100 READS IN ONE DAY! THIS IS AMAZING LOVE Y'ALL 💜))

Rachel's POV
I regret saying what I said the second Quinn ran away. I totally just ignored her needs and only cared about myself! No wonder everyone calls me self-centred.
The Next Day
In the morning, I wake up and check my phone. Still no reply from Quinn.
Maybe I should arrange to meet up.
rachberry: meet me at Breadstix at lunch
Or maybe she was right. Maybe we weren't meant to be together. But at the very least, I want to understand why it couldn't happen. With love, isn't anything possible? That's what my dads say to me.
**PING**
quinnfabrayy liked your message

She could have said something, but I guess that's a yes? I don't know what she's going through. I'll find out.
I decide to ring Santana, she's Quinn's best friend, she will know everything.

Pick uppp! I thought. This is urgent!
"Hi, this is Santana Lopez. What do you want?" she picked up, a bored tone in her voice.
"This is Rachel. I need your help."
"Before you do, tell me something."
I hmm behind the phone, meaning 'go on'.
"Do you care about Quinn, Rachel?"
"Of course!!"
"You know what I mean. In that way?"
"I think so"
"Ok. Let's talk."

I ask Santana what is up with poor Quinn, and she refuses to tell me, but assures me Quinn is fine with me.

"Rachel...these questions" she pauses, "I think Quinn should tell you the answers"
"Please tell her to meet me"
"I will make sure of it. Don't worry Rach, it'll work out" she says, giving me a squeeze on the shoulder.
"Hope so" I whisper.

As soon as I get home, I change into my outfit that Kurt had said was by far the most flattering, but not too tarty whatsoever. I really want to make a good impression on her. Perhaps cheer her up?

I arrive there at 12.30 prompt, 15 minutes early. Better early than late, right? Oh my God, she's there! She just came in. She's looking around. Omigod. What do I do?!?!? Smile. Okay. Wait no, go over to her.
I stood up and jogged over to her. I must have looked so flustered. I cringed.

"Hey" she said
"Oh my God, Quinn...wow..."

She was wearing a hoodie-dress that fell just a bit above her knee, black tights and heels. Her lips were a bold red, hair perfectly straightened. She looked beautiful...

Quinn's POV

"Oh my God, Quinn...wow..." she said
"Thanks" I blush, "you don't look too bad, yourself"

She was wearing a wavy dress with a belt, enhancing her gorgeous figure, hair; wavy curls, and thigh-high clicky boots. She looked gorgeous. And kind of nervous. I took her hand.

"Oh sorry, I should really take you to the place we are going!" she laughed.
"What do you mean? This is Breadstix"
"Follow me."

Still holding hands, she led me behind Breadstix into a field I didn't even knew existed! There was an old Bandstand there, and laid out there was a cute picnic!

I gasped as soon as I saw it
"Rachel! This is amazing!" I exclaimed, because it was!
"Thank you, but you were supposed to have your eyes shut" she giggled
I laughed. "Sorryyyy"

She passes me some roses and leads me to my seat, a dusty pink, circular cushion.

"So Quinn, I bought you here because I needed to tell you something..."