Chapter 10

Quinn's POV

I don't know what I had done. I just messed it all up like the idiot I am. Mom tells me what will be will be, I guess that's all I can do for the time being.

I stayed up all night learning this song for The Truth Hurts week in Glee Club. I think it's important I perform it. I want to show I am dedicated to glee, and hopefully a message within the song will help me and Rachel understand. Mr Schuester always does say when words aren't enough, turn to song. So I will be.

Rachel's POV

Quinn tugs a stool over the Choir Room floor, making it squeak a little. Biting her lip, she gave Brad the music sheet and sat down. She was wearing a black long sleeved shirt, black in colour and a mustard coloured skirt and thigh high boots. No wonder I was jealous of her fashion sense in Freshmen year. I laugh in my head.

"I am dedicating this song to my friend, Rachel, and I- uh, I hope you all enjoy it." she said quietly, but everyone heard. We locked eyes and I didn't know how to feel. We are friends, she was telling the truth. I could have sworn I saw her blushing ever so slightly, but it disappeared in a blink.

"I didn't know you two were friends?" Finn muttered
"We are." I said, hushing him.

Quinn smiled sadly, and nodded to Brad. A gentle piano melody started, and I remembered instantly what song it was. 'The Best of Your Love', one of the songs that featured in the musical we watched together. The turning point for me, and probably us, what ever we were.

Her voice was dainty, angelic. and beautiful, different. Just like I had remembered from last year, singing duets together. She fiddled with her skirt.

"Doesn't take much to make me happy
And make me smile with glee
Never, never will I feel discouraged
'Cause our love's no mystery"

I can see why she was every boy at this school's teenage dream. I stare it her. She really was beautiful.

"Demonstrating love and affection
That you give so openly, yeah
I like the way you make me feel about you, baby
Want the whole wide world to see
Whoa, whoa, you've got the best of my lov-"

She broke off, tears rolling down her face like the ocean. Hand up to her face, she runs away, howling.

"Quinn??" I shout
"What the hell was that, Rachel?!?" Finn growled, "Did you leave me for that bitch?"
"How dare you, Finn?!"
and I see red. I slap him with all of my might, the sound echoing through the room. I can hear exclaiming and gasping from my classmates.
"And NO, Finn. Not like you should need to know."

I run away, angry at the world. Wanting Quinn. She's the only thing I needed in that moment. All I felt was how despicable Finn is, that loathsome jerk.

She did ace this lesson, though.