Chapter 6 - Klaus

Arianna's POV:

When I woke up, I noticed that my dress had been changed into one of Nik's shirts, my makeup had been wiped off, my hair had been taken out of it's plait and all my jewelry except my rings were gone. I then noticed that I could feel strong arms wrapped around my waist which I instantly found comfort in, and knew exactly who they belonged to. I carefully turned around in his arms, as to not wake him up. Clearly, it worked because Nik didn't even stir. I cuddled into him for a few minutes, before he decided to ruin the moment.

"You know I've been awake for a while, right love?" Nik asked me, nearly making me fall off the bed.

"Jesus Christ. Don't do that Nik! You scared the shit out of me." I hit his chest.

"I'm sorry, my love. I won't do it again." Nik laughed at me.

"Don't laugh at me." I pouted at him, causing him to laugh at me even more. I playfully glared at him and got up to get ready for the day.

When I was ready, Nik came up behind me and hugged me, placing his chin gently on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, моя любов. You know I love you." (My love)

"Always and forever." I finished. "Okay, as sweet as this moment is, we have to go back to Alaric's apartment so you can order Maddox to go and get your original body back, finally." Nik chuckled and went to get ready.

When we finally got to Alaric's apartment, I went over to talk to Kathrine while Nik was talking to Maddox.

"Are you excited for Klaus to get his body back?" Kathrine asked me after I told her what was happening.

"Oh my god, you have no idea. I'll finally be able to kiss him again. It's been wayyy too long." I gushed.

"Ugh, too many details, малка сестра." Kat scrunched her face up in disgust.

"You're the one who asked." Before Kathrine could even say anything, I noticed Maddox heading towards the door so I went and stood next to Nik.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Maddox told us, opening the door.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I can get." Nik said, about to shut the door.

Before he could, I called out to Maddox, "Also, please bring him back unharmed. I love my husband even more when he isn't injured." Maddox nodding and smirking at me was the last I saw before Nik closed the door.

"Are you sure this is such a good idea, Klaus? Going back into your own body, I mean." Kathrine asked.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I've killed the Bennett witch, I have the moonstone... and the doppelganger is waiting in the wings. I am ready to break this curse, I have been for 1000 years." Was Nik's answer.

"Okay, but why the hell would you do that here?" Kat asked, confusedly. "There are so many people that will try and stop you."

"Because I have to." Seeing that Nik's vague answer didn't satisfy Kat, I continued for him.

"It's the birthplace of the doppelganger."

"I didn't realize that was a requirement." Kathrine sheepishly said.

"Well how could you?" Nik asked calmly, but you could tell there was some anger in his statement. "You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. The only reason I'm letting you go after this is because of Ari. But, I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family, so I guess we're cool." I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing at how casually Nik said that. Almost as if killing people is normal, then again it is Nik so it is normal to him. "Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were." He continued, snaking his arm around my waist.