Chapter 2 - Rose

Ariana's POV:
I woke up tied up on a sofa next to Elena. When I noticed a vampire in the room, I groaned.

"Why do you vamps have to be so stupid?! Seriously. You do realize 'Klaus' (as you people call him) will not be happy about this." I noticed a flicker of fear in her eyes when I said his name, "Ah, you're already on the run from him. Who are you?"

"I'm Rose. And I'm already on the run from him like you noticed. How much worse can it get?" She asked.

"Oh, so you're the one who helped Katherine escape when she was human. Along with your friend. What's his name? Oh yeah, Trevor."

"What do you know about us?" She asked me.

"Just that you helped Katherine when she was still human. Always a mistake to trust Kathrine, although I quite like her. Anyway, I'm off to sleep now. Wake me up if you need me."

I woke up at the same time as Elena did. She was about to ask me something but I put my finger to my lips, then motioned for her to listen.

"How's the doppelganger?" I heard Rose ask.

"Still passed out. And the other girl just literally fell asleep. As if she doesn't mind being kidnapped!" Trevor answered.

"You didn't touch them did you?"

"Give me some credit. So you called him?"

"No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works."

"Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" Yay. I love Elijah. Haven't seen him in a while though. I noticed Elena getting up from the sofa and moving closer to where they were. Probably to hear better. I just stayed where I was.

"They say he got it." Rose answered Trevor.

"Wonderful. And what?"

"So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait."

"It's not too late. We can leave her. We don't have to go through with this. Not to mention what he'll do to us for kidnapping the other girl."

"I'm sick of running, also we didn't harm the other girl. We should be able to make this deal."

"Yeah? Well running keeps us from dying."

"Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." Just then, Elena steps on a creaky floorboard putting their attention onto her, "You. There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out, you're wrong. Understand?"

"Who's Elijah?" Elena asked.

"He's your worst nightmare." I snorted at that.

When Rose came back into the room I was in, I told her, "Honey. Have you forgotten about 'Klaus'? He would be deeply offended by that statement." She just ignored me and started putting wooden boards in front of the windows.

"Why am I here?" Elena asked when she walked in the room.

"You keep asking these questions like I'm gonna answer them."

"Why won't you?"

"There's another one." Rose said at the same time as I said,

"Oh my God Elena. Just shut up for once in your life."

"You got me, okay? It's not like I can go anywhere. The least you could do is tell me what you want with me."

"Jesus Elena. Haven't you been listening. She doesn't specifically want you. She wants to bargain you for hers and Trevor's freedom. And stop being so selfish. You're not the only one that's been kidnapped."