Chapter 5

Ashley

  I watched as tanner stormed out of the lunchroom. His fists clenched at his sides, silently fuming.

  I was confused as to what got him so mad. I want to go check on him, but it's not really my place.

  Before I know what I'm doing and can doubt it, I stand up, causing Duke to let me go and head after him.

  When I exited the cafeteria, I spotted Tanner turning a corner in the hall. I quickly follow him all the way to the restrooms.

  I stopped behind another corner as he walked into the males restrooms, and before I could do anything, I heard a click from the door. Indicating that he locked the door. I cursed under my breath, trying to think of what to do.

  After about a minute, I decided that there is nothing I can do but knock.

  I walk up to the door to the restrooms and take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves. I lift my fist to the door, but then freeze. Maybe he doesn't want to be bothered, or maybe he needs someone to talk to?

  Ughh . . . Fuck it.

  I quickly knock before I can back out. I hear the rustling that was coming from the other side of the door, suddenly stop, and everything goes silent.

  I immediately freeze and start to internally panic.

  What the fuck were you thinking?! Wait, you weren't! There is no way he wants comfort from you! I mean he doesn't even know who you are. I doubt he even knows your name. The only thing he knows you by is his little sister's friend.

  I wince at the thought of him only knowing me by his, 'little sisters friend'

I shake out my thoughts and realized no one has came to the door. I lift my fist, about to knock again, when I hear another click and then the door swings open to reveal a greek god.

  I quickly dropped my hand and looked up at him timidly. I didn't know what to say to him, so I just kept quiet for a bit. After a minute of silence, I finally worked up the courage to say something.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice just above a whisper. He looked and me and just gave me a smile.

  He smiled at me.

  At me!

  I was to caught up in my thoughts about how beautiful his smile was, that I didn't even notice a smile of my own start to spread on my face.

  He looked like he was about to say something, but the bell rang. Signaling that lunch was over. I sighed and looked back at him and gave him a sad smile. He gave me one back, before slipping passed me and into the hall. The brush of our shoulders was brief, but sent light tingles through my shoulder.

  I watched him walk down the hall, to his next class, before I headed in the opposite direction. Me and him didn't share this period or the next. But we do share our last period, so I guess that's okay.