Chapter 4

•Tanner•

I honestly don't know why I reacted the way I did, but seeing Ashley all flustered and knowing that some other guy was the cause just really did not sit well with me.

I angrily made my way to the boys bathroom and slammed the door open, causing it to it the wall next to it with a loud bang.

A kid who looked to be a freshman, jumped upon hearing the loud noise. It seems he was in the middle of washing his hands before I walked in. The scare caused him to splash water all over himself and the sink.

"Out," I said through clenched teeth, seething in anger, but he was not the cause.

The small boy scrambled to grab his bag and a couple of paper towels, before dashing out of the room, bumping into my shoulder on the way out.

When he was gone I shut the door and locked it. Leaned my back against the door, taking slow deep breaths, trying to calm down. Images of Ashley flooded my brain and I started to calm down at the thought of his smile and the sound of his laugh. A small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. But immediately fell when the image of Duke's mouth on Ash and Ash's reaction.

My anger started to pick up once again, but then deflated when I realized what I had been thinking about 30 seconds prior. I slowly slid down the bathroom floor and pulled my legs to my chest, tucking my face in my arms that lay on my knees.

I had no idea what was happening. I didn't know why I was feeling this way. The thought of Ash's smile gave me butterflies and I didn't know why. I felt so confused as to why this was happening. And why it was happening to me.

I jumped at the sound of a knock on the door behind me. I didn't make a move for the door, hoping the guy would get the message and leave. I spotted the shadow of the guys feet from under the door. After about a minute and a half I realized the dude isn't going away.

  I sighed and slowly stood up and dusted myself off before I turned and unlocked the bathroom door. I opened it, about to apologize to the dude for hogging the bathroom. But when I looked to them, I seen the last but yet the first person I wanted to see right now.

In front of me stood a timid Ashley. He had his hand in mid air, looking to be about to knock again. He quickly dropped his hand and started to fiddle with his fingers and unknowing seductively bitting his lip. He looked up at me with worry and unsureness in his eyes that filled me with guilt for making him worry. There was a slight blush dusting his cheeks and I had to grip the door knob tighter to keep from jumping him here and now.

Oh God, give me strength.