Chapter 24 - Realizations

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ PARK SUNGHOON ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I got out of the car as soon as we arrived at the hotel where we were staying. It was already past midnight, so the guys decided to sleep it off and recover from their jet lag. I wished I could do the same thing, but I couldn't.

My eyes sting with exhaustion, but every time I close them, I see her. I see her crying as a result of my actions. She pleaded with me to let her stay. And with each such memory, I feel a stabbing pain in my heart.

I shook my head and went straight to the store on the hotel's first floor and bought cans of beer. After that, I got ready and went to their private gym. I needed to tire myself out if I want to get rest and sleep. I need to transfer the pain in my heart to something physical.

Physical pain is so much better than any kind of pain I feel every time I remember Seana.

I did multiple repetitions in my workout. I have lifted every possible weight I could carry before I felt my legs give up. That is when I know that I can rest peacefully.

As soon as I got in my room, I collapsed on the bed.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Hey, Seana." Sunghoon was wearing his training outfit. He shuffled his way to me while balancing on his skates.

"Hi," I replied tiredly. I was so exhausted, after school I had to train much earlier than the others because I couldn't perfect my triple axel.

He reached my place and slowly stepped on the ice. He skated around me and stopped behind me. I suddenly felt his warm fingers brush the side of my neck.

"This is one of the reasons why the coach is harsh on you. You don't even know that you aren't supposed to skate with your hair all messy." He tried to sound disappointed, but he failed as he chuckled at me. He put my hair in a ponytail.

I turned around to face him and looked at him suspiciously. "Do you always carry a hairband with you?"

"Hey! Don't accuse me of anything, noona. That's yours! You kept losing them at my house, so I have them on my wrist just in case you needed them back!" He explained his side, but all I could do was skate away from him and laugh.

I heard screeching of the ice, and before I could even process that information, his long arms quickly enveloped me in an embrace.

After our training, he offered to walk me back home. "Do you think we'd be successful, noona?" He sounded doubtful.

"I don't know about you, hoonie. But your noona would study in the most prestigious school in New York! And soon after that, I would be an international skating champion!" I skipped and spun around. I could hear Sunghoon laugh at my silliness. "I'll be residing in New York. I'll do different skating gigs there. Soon." I winked at him.

"I'll come with noona!" He caught up to me and placed his arm around my shoulder. "I'll always be with you." He looked at me with his genuine and truthful eyes.

My Sunghoon.

"Seana, wake up! Please!" I heard Jisoo's loud call.

I opened my eyes and asked as I was sitting up, "Why? What happened?"

She held my cheek and rubbed her soothing thumb on my cheeks. I then realized that she was wiping the tears off of me. "You dreamt of him again." She whispered and gave me a glass of water.