Chapter 19 - Lucky

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The day before the concert, I was alone at home since my parents were asked to attend a meeting for a potential investor. They were really sorry about the fact that they couldn't watch me and Sunghoon perform but I get it.

I woke up pretty late since I went ahead and enjoyed my rest. I heard my stomach growl so I went downstairs to the kitchen.

However, my steps halted when I heard the sound of pans and utensils clashing as well as the occasional sounds of drawers opening.

Someone's here?

"Mom?" I called carefully.

"Love, I'm not your mom." A sweet voice emerged from the kitchen.

"Hoonie?"

"Good morning, my love. How was your sleep?" he asked with a smile on his face as I approached him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused. He should be resting today.

He scoffed. "Wow, really can't get an answer from you today, huh?" chuckles soon left his mouth. "I just wanted to visit. Mom told me that your parents were on a business trip and I wanted to cook you breakfast."

"Are you sure?" I eyed him scared with his apron and knife in his hands.

"Don't you trust me?" he looked at me faking irritation.

"It's not that," I mumbled. I decided to tease him even more. "It's just, you know this is not my house and my parents are going to kill the both of us if they came back to Korea with their house burned to ashes." I sat down on the stool by the counter.

"How dramatic of you." He rolled his eyes at me.

I laughed and asked, "Fine then, what are you going to cook?"

"That's a secret, love." he winked cheekily at me.

"Then how am I supposed to help?"

He walked by me and pointed at me. "I said, I would be cooking for you."

"But I wanna help you, my love." I grabbed his waist and pulled him towards me as I looked at him pleading.

He tried to ignore me at first. I saw his face turning red and I chuckled. He walked back to the counter and threw a bag of ingredients in front of me. "Fine. Here, you can cut these up for me."

I laughed at his flustered reaction and grabbed the ingredients and the knife and chopping board. "you sound like you know what you're doing when you don't even cook." I teased him.

"hey! Jay taught me." he defended himself.

I laughed and said, "Jay only knows the basics of cooking."

"I also watched YouTube video so shut up" he whispered as if he didn't want me to hear his words. I laughed even harder and he could help but join me.

I put on the apron and proceeded to do my task as he prepared the other dishes that he planned to do. I got too focused on my task at hand that I didn't even notice he was staring at me.

I tried to cut a heart out of a carrot and when I successfully did, I looked at Sunghoon to brag about it but I was startled when I saw that he was already looking at me.

He was smiling from ear to ear. He didn't speak, he just looked at me with this contentment in his face that made me feel like I was the entire world.

"Love," I smiled back at him. "Look, I made a heart!" I excitedly waved the piece of vegetable in front of him.

He chuckled and shook his head then he returned his gaze back on me, his face still gleaming.