Chapter 7 - Continue What's Left Unfinished

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ KIM SEANA ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Noona," his voice seemed distant. I shuddered. Goosebumps formed from the deepness of his voice and the cold nip of the night. He guided my hand to his cheek and rested his head upon it.

"I love you, noona. I always have."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"You what?" I asked shocked at the sudden confession.

"When I left, I was happy to fulfill my dreams. But," he stepped closer to me. "The longer I stayed in I-land, the more I understood why I feel regret." He held my free hand. "I thought I was regretful of the years I spent on the ice. But I was wrong."

"S-Sunghoon." I stuttered, not knowing what to do I looked down at my feet. I could feel my cheeks flush. I felt his hand lift my face up which forced me to look at his eyes. His eye held so much emotion that it scared me. 

"I was regretful because I never realized how much I love you."

I gasped with his confession and he continued, "I love you, noona." He said tenderly. I almost melted at his pleading eyes.

I remained quiet. I loved him. I didn't want to feel so much pain when he left. However, I wasn't sure if I still did. I was perplexed by the hurt. I couldn't say I love him because what if he's just feeling this way because he misses me? What if he's just acting this way because we've been apart for too long? What if he's simply apologetic for leaving?

I couldn't risk more than what I have already risked for him.

"Don't say that." coldness surrounded my voice as I pondered in my thoughts.

"Wha—"

"You know how much I treasure those words, don't ever say that if you do not mean it." My voice trembled.

"Noona, I mean it," he said softly as he reached for my face. I looked at his eyes and saw determination and passion. I was startled.

"You don't, you are just confused Sunghoon. I—" I stole my hand away from him and walked towards the door.

However, he caught up to me and forced me to look at him.

"Noona, I knew from the very beginning that you are someone I want in my life forever. I never understood how, but I knew that I could never survive without you beside me." his words seemed so spontaneous as if he was realizing his feelings as he looked at me. "I was about to confess to you before I left for I-land. Remember? I asked you to meet me at the rink for the last time." He looked at me pleading yet I could not meet his eyes.

"You don't know how heartbroken I was that my best friend is leaving again." I struggled to speak up. "And I knew that if you did succeed, I might never see you again." I sniffled. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt his thumb brush my tears away. His hand stayed on my cheeks. "I didn't want to say goodbye."

"I understood, noona." He smiled at me. "But now I want you to listen." He stood firmly and guided me to meet his eyes. "I have loved you for so long, I couldn't even remember when I started. And I know that it's difficult to believe me," he sighed. "We have been away from each other for so long, yet I still love you."

I looked down at my feet. One look at him and I know I would fall. "All I want from you is a chance, noona. Just one."

I looked up at him. I couldn't read his eyes. Or maybe I could, but I was afraid to so I didn't try.

"Please, noona."

I shook my head at him, "Your feelings are just temporary, Sunghoon."

"I don't believe they are."

"There are a lot more women better than me."

"I only see you."

"You deserve so much more."

"Which is why I need you."

I kept silent. I couldn't keep on pulling myself down when he keeps on saying things that make my heart flutter. That's dangerous. "You just debuted, Sunghoon. Do you really think that what you are doing right now is the wisest decision?" I pulled the last straw I got. I didn't want to give him a chance because not only would it be the end of me if he ever leaves again. But it might also be the end of his dream if he actually stayed.

"Do you really think I care, noona?"

That silenced me. I didn't know what else to do or say. I was trapped.

"You know what? I don't care. I'll keep pursuing you, noona. Until you finally believe that this is not just a phase of mine. Until you finally accept my love."

After our encounter at the rooftop, Sunghoon started acting upon his words. He sent numerous sweets and flowers to my house alongside a bunch of handwritten letters that he knew I loved so much.

However, I never got the chance to read his letters since the press was still curious about my recent win. Interviews after interviews were scheduled that I couldn't even bother to think about what I should do about Sunghoon. The support of his fans for the both of us was still insane. I couldn't help but wonder how much more intense the buzz between us would be after our performance at their concert.

A week later Coach and I came back to the HybeEntertainment Building to discuss the routine that we would be performing. I sat beside Sunghoon and in front of us are their performance director, a staff member, and Coach Lim.

"I'm not really sure what routines we could do on the ice," Mr. Son started the meeting. "But since this is for entertainment, I have a few routines in mind."

We watch what felt like hundreds of videos with insane lifts and spins that the performance director managed to choreograph in a week. I knew that this piece would be much different from all my other pieces. This was for entertainment and not for some competition where even the most critical step is not left unseen.

We all watched the videos silently. They were all amazing, but something seems off with them and even Mr. Son definitely knew.

"These are all extraordinary and would definitely leave the audience speechless, but it seems to be missing something." Mr. Son stated and we all nod in agreement. He then looked at the coach for help. I turned to look at the tall man with a quizzical look on his face.

"I think I know what to do." He said and fumbled through his pocket. "It has all the finesse that you want..." we could barely hear his words almost as if we weren't meant to hear them at all.

He then gave a small flash drive to the staff member who hastily took it and inserted it on the company computer for it to be flashed on to the screen.

My eyes widened when I saw the video that was played.

It was me and Sunghoon. This was our routine when we were supposed to compete as a duo. This was supposed to be our last performance. The most extravagant routine that we both choreographed, craziest lifts and turns just as asked by the performance director. We unconsciously choreographed the most spectacular routine because both of us knew that it might as well be our first and last time dancing together.

I felt Sunghoon's gaze on me as the video ended. I tried to stop myself from crying. My gaze fell on my lap as he reached for my hand under the table and squeezed it gently.

"That was amazing." we both looked at Mr. Son as he suddenly broke the silence with shock written all over his face.

Our last dance that was left unfinished is now going to be continued.