Chapter 16

Kuon: "you liar!!!"
Kuon: "what did you do?! We don't have a deal anymore!! Give me my phone back!"
Mamoru: "oh stupid girl, this is mine now, you're not getting it back.."
Kuon started screaming and kicking.
Mamoru: "get this idiot out of my sight. Geez how did her last team deal with her." He said as he rubbed his temples.
The girls and Yuuka looked back in the direction of the explosion.
Yuri: "did Kuon really fire that shot..."
Mayu: "well, we can consider her an enemy now."
Y/n: "this works to our advantage.."
Yuri: "what do you mean?"
Yuuka: "well, they think we're dead, gives us a better chance to move around. Meaning they shouldn't expect us."
Yuri: "right, yes that works."
Mayu: "I'll go look ahead and see if I can find another safe spot for us, the closer we can get, the better."
Yuuka: "stop"
Mayu: "huh?"
Yuuka pulled his rifle from his back, "come any closer and I'll shoot, I don't care if you're an emotionless mask."
The girls turned to where he was aiming.
Yuuka: "who are you, what do you want? You're not carrying anything with you so if you're coming back from a drop, turn around and take another route."
The emotionless mask held its hands up and kept walking. The girls got their weapons out, "stop, or we will shoot" y/n said.
Mask: "I bring a message from the prophet."
Yuuka: "prophet??"
Y/n: "prophet? What do you mean?"
Mask: "the prophet would like to have a word with the one who's closer to God. Yuri and y/n looked at each other.
Mask: "it doesn't look like it's either of you"
Yuuka: "Kuon...."
Mask: "where is this Kuon?"
Mayu: "she's with the enemy now."
Mask: "so she's the one that handed her phone over to Mamoru..."
Yuuka: "how do you know that?"
Mask: "the prophet can read brain waves, see what's happening, that sort of thing."
Mask: "but she's of no use now, so who's the runner up?"
Yuuka looked at the girls, pulling them behind him, "what do you want with us?"
Mask: "I'd like to make a deal with you. Knowing that the rail gun is in Mamoru's hands now, he's got a big advantage now. So, I suggest, whoever the closest to God is, to team up with the prophet."
Yuuka: "why don't we have this discussion elsewhere."
The mask agreed. They made their way to a building, finding a room with no windows and only one exit.
Yuuk: "this should be safe."
Yuuka: "sit mask."
Y/n: "why do you want to work with us?"
Mask: "I believe the question should be, why don't you want him to work with you? After all, He can be very beneficial to you."
Yuuka: "why doesn't this prophet decide to be God himself. He's so close isn't he?"
The mask stayed quiet.
Yuuka: "I've noticed, you seem to be very emotional for an emotionless mask."
Yuuka: "isn't that right... Prophet?"
The mask got nervous.
Yuuka: "now, why don't you show us who you really are..."

The mask grew nervous

Y/n: "if you want us to consider your request, I suggest you cooperate."

The mask finally moved

Mayu: "damn, you're hot!"Yuuka glanced to y/n to see her reaction

Yuuka glanced to y/n to see her reaction.
Y/n: "umm. Why where you hiding your face?"
Prophet: "so yes, I am the prophet. And because it's easier to move around as an emotionless mask since no one will attack them."
Yuuka: "so let me get this straight Prophet, you need our help, well protection. Why not be God yourself?"
Prophet: "my name is Hayami. I just don't find it beneficial to be God, i found it more useful to be a Prophet."
Yuuka stared at him, trying to figure him out.
Yuuka: "y/n, Yuri, didn't you say you needed to use the restroom? Maru, you feel alright staying here while I walk them to the bathroom?"
Mayu nodded. The girls got up and followed Yuuka out.
Y/n: "I don't think he's lying. His brainwaves were still. Nothing out of the ordinary."
Yuri: "y/n, I don't want to God. I don't care about any of that stuff."
Y/n: "damn I don't want to either..." she thought.
Yuuka knew what she was thinking, "I'll be right by your side."
Y/n: "okay...."
They headed back inside and went on to discuss their ideas with Hayami.
Meanwhile, Mamoru was gathering masks , "an apostle huh..."