Chapter 10

Kuon stood up volunteering to go first, "I'll lead us." Y/n instantly noticed the skirt lifted up.
"what the fuck is she doing" Y/n giggled to herself.
Yuuka hadn't noticed yet. He picked up his hat, and on his way back up, he noticed it too, "seriously..." he said to himself rolling his eyes shaking his head.
Yuuka: "actually Kuon, it's best if I go first, if anything is waiting for us inside, I'd rather it be me that gets it first." He cut her off leading his through the bridge. Y/n let Kuon follow next and she was left to the end. Y/n didn't like the idea of being the last one but in this case, she had a better of survival than Kuon did if she was at the end.
Halfway thought the bridge, y/n started getting scared. An evil aura loomed in the air. It got stronger as they got closer. Y/n hardly ever showed her fear but this shook her to her core. As they finished crossing the bridge Yuuka halted putting his hand up in suggesting we stop. "Why did we stop?" Kuon casually asked.
Y/n and Yuuka imagined themselves hitting the palm of their hand against their forehead. Y/n elbowed Kuon suggesting she be quiet. Yuuka turned around and glared at Kuon. She mouthed sorry.
"Are you fucking kidding me?! Do you have a brain the size of a pea?" Y/n thought.
Yuuka was able to hear what the girls couldn't. In the distance he heard someone screaming in agony, causing him to have a cold sweat.
He started walking again. It was pitch black in there. A dim light about every 40 feet apart. It felt like a horror house. They walked for about 5 minutes. It felt eternal. Yuuka and y/n walked carefully. Kuon in the other hand walked like she didn't have a care in the world, causing her to step on something gooey. She felt the slimy substance and it made her stop moving suddenly causing y/n to bump into her. Kuon pushed y/n off of her, pushing her against the wall, where there was blood smeared. Y/n knew exactly what it was. She yelled internally, "it's just putty, it's just putty," she thought to herself. Helping her calm down.
Yuuka knew what was happening behind him but he stayed quiet hoping they wouldn't make a sound. In the distance he could hear footsteps heading their direction. He tried finding another hallway but there where only doors that lead to rooms.
Kuon: "HEY WATCH IT WILL YOU?!"
Y/n's eyes widened. Yuuka's face went pale.
"fuck."
Y/n: "run" she whispered in a low voice. Yuuka and y/n took off in a sprint, Kuon staying behind going at a snails pace. Y/n looked back seeing she was far behind. Yuuka didn't hear y/n's footsteps anymore causing him to look back. Y/n ran back to Kuon and pulled her by the arm making her sprint.
Y/n couldn't see Yuuka anymore. She was just running stupid now. An arm randomly pulled her into a room. Covering her mouth so she wouldn't scream. Yuuka got face to face with y/n so that she could see it was him. He pushed Kuon and y/n into a small closet he found in that room and stood in front of them to protect them.  "Here they come," he thought as he heard various footsteps approaching, "please keep walking."
The footsteps grew distant. They were clear.
Yuuka peeked out the door, leading the way once again. They came across another bridge, Yuuka leading them out crossing it.
Once y/n crossed the bridge she ran towards Kuon pouncing on her. She dropped Kuon on the floor punching her quietly, yelling at her, "are you fucking stupid??! You nearly got us killed back there!! how fucking careless can you be?!" Yuuka ran to the girls and pulled y/n off of her.
"Hey hey hey calm down. I know you're angry but I need you to stay focused right now," he said holding y/n's face to meet his. "Good girl," he whispered.
Yuuka: "Kuon, you're staying here"
Kuon: "what about you guys?"
Yuuka: "we're going back in."
Kuon: "why do I have to stay out here?"
Yuuka: "because you don't seem to understand the gravity of the situation we're in."
Kuon: "we're alive aren't we?" She said playing with her nails.
Y/n looked at Yuuka, "can i?"
Yuuka: "no, you're not getting into anymore fights today."
Yuuka: "that's my final answer. You're staying here. End of discussion."
Kuon sat in a little corner, hiding.
Yuuka: "ready?"
Y/n nodded, "let's get this over with."
They crossed the bridge once again and walked at a faster but careful pace. Covering more ground than they did when they had Kuon with them.
Yuuka and y/n made it to the room they needed to get to. They dug around and found a few files with classified information. Y/n had her school bag with her, so she stuffed them in there for the mean time.
Yuuka signaled y/n "ready?"
Y/n nodded. Yuuka lead the way, turning the corner. He stopped immediately holding y/n from falling. Y/n peeked over and saw a man on the ground feasting over a body.
It made her stomach turn. They couldn't go back the way they came from, it was a dead end. Y/n had an idea. She took her watch off and waved it for Yuuka to see. He nodded. Y/n threw the watch as far as she could, causing it to make a sound in the distance. The mask heard the sound and went to the direction of where the watch landed. Yuuka pulled y/n by the hand leading her into another room. He pushed her against the wall, protecting her. They had nothing else to throw to make the mask go the opposite direction. Yuuka thought quick. He reached for y/n's thigh, feeling it all over. Where was it?  He reached for her other thigh, there it is. He grabbed the gun and took the suppressor off. He opened the door and threw it back to the direction where the body was. One last time, the mask walked to the other end. Yuuka and y/n made their way down the hall. They were almost there. Y/n could see the bridge in the distance.
As they made a run for it, a mask came out of a random room. Making eye contact with them.
Yuuka: "son of a bitch"
Y/n reach for her gun but Yuuka stopped her, "we'll just alert the others with that."
He was right. Better to deal with one than with multiple. Yuuka walked toward the mask ready to fight it but he saw 5 more coming out of the same room.
"Well that's just awesome," y/n thought.
Yuuka: "looks like I have no other option huh."
He grabbed his rifle and shot them one by one. Y/n helped him. More masks started coming from every direction. Y/n yelled out to Yuuka, "let's go!" As she ran, shooting masks enough to make way for them to run past them. Yuuka caught up to y/n leading the way. Finally making it to the bridge. One of the masks caught y/n by the foot carving it's knife into her calf. Y/n fell to the ground dragging herself away from the mask. Yuuka saw it and picked up y/n helping her get away. The crossed the bridge but saw a trail of masks following them. Yuuka shot the ropes of the bridge making them all fall off.