Chapter 25- Candice

Recap: 

Chloe POW:

Minutes later, we walked towards the beach hand in hand.

"I remember the first day as if it was yesterday. You were the hottest girl I have ever seen, and I was all like I would tap that." he said smirking.

"It all started here handsome" I said as I embraced him in a gentle kiss.

Chapter 25

Chloe POW:

Ever since returning to Malibu, Chace has been acting a little bit secretive. I have been trying to get it out of him but without success as he always just began kissing me , which he knew was my weakness so I just let it go. One morning, I was lying in bed just thinking when I felt the bed move slightly. I peeked through my eyelids to notice Chace trying to sneak out of bed without waking me. He was literally tippy toeing to the closet, it was a funny image I must say. 

"Chace, what are you doing honey?"

"Um.. I didn't want to wake you up."

"Are we going somewhere then?"

"Umm.. yea, I'm going to play tennis with your dad."

"Can I come too?" I asked sweetly trying to do my best puppy eyes.

He gave me a quick peck on the lips, "Nope sorry sweetie, it's our guy time" and left without further ado. 

That was very strange.

I got out of his bed , this weekend we were spending it at his house since we barely do. I went to the closet where I had a couple of shirts and extra pants since we had many of each other's items at our houses.

After getting my hygiene in order, I decided to head downstairs to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for me and Aunt Silvie.

Just as I finished frying the yummy bacon and eggs, I heard gentle footsteps behind me.

"Morning Sweetie!" Aunt Silvie greeted cheerfully.

"Morning, I made breakfast for us"

"Well thank you Chloe."

We sat on the barstools eating on the kitchen island enjoying the yummy food.

"So Aunt Silvie, can you tell me a little bit more about Chace's parents , his sister and his childhood? Chace doesn't mind telling me about it, but every time I bring it up there is a sad aura and I dont like to burden him with his past." I know the question was quite abrupt but this was the one time I had time alone with her.

We sat there in silence for a moment before she began to speak.

"Well, his parents were one of a kind." She said smiling.

"They had true love from the moment they saw each other. Those two were inseparable but every fairy tale comes to an end. Their families were long-time enemies and business competitors.Once the two got married, all of their family members cut off any communication with them. It was a big scandal in their eyes, however I always loved my brother and I had to support him. I knew what a magnificent women Christina was (Chace's mom) and I knew they were perfect for each other. Soon enough they announced that they will be having a baby girl, they decided to name her Candice. Two years later another surprise came along, it was our beautiful Chace. They were such a happy family up until Candice grew up to be a teenager and everything began to change. Christina and Christopher (the father) had many business trips and during this time their daughter began hanging out with the wrong crowd who influenced her and she started throwing house parties. Chace was exposed to so many things and he was only fourteen. Of course me and the parents didnt know about these parties since we trusted Candice. But they sent me one weekend to go and check on the kids. I happened to walk in to find Candice completely wasted grinding with guys who weren't nearly her age but my concern was Chace, I found him hiding in his room upstairs. I immediately phoned their parents to let them know what was going on and they were so disappointed with Candice. They gave her a big lecture and they were coming home immediately to put everything in order. Christina and Christopher were speeding to get home as soon as possible and then it hit them. A drunk driver crashed into them and they were in critical condition. Weeks later, they passed away. Chace was miserable, he was only fourteen and he went through so much that poor sould. Candice on the other hand felt responsible for the whole accident which led her to drug problems and she got involved in many illegal activities and ended up in prison multiple times. We tried to help her , Chace came to visit her and so did I but she refused to ever see us , but I am guessing that it was the drugs affecting her behaviour. She used to be a really sweet girl once upon a time, and they were a happy family until Candice started hanging out with the wrong crew. "

I was left speechless, Chace told me about this very briefly and hearing that he had to suffer so much made me tear up. 

"Chace is such a strong man, you could never tell in school even that something like this happened to him."

"He likes to keep his feelings inside of him,he was always very sensitive but he just never showed that side."

Taking in all the information, I just sat there with my cup of hot chocolate thinking about life and Chace. Aunt Silvie meanwhile went to buy groceries for us, leaving me some time alone to think.

All I could think about is Candice. How could she cut off all ties with an amazing brother like Chace? 

This was bothering me , so I called up some prisons in Malibu and tried to locate where she was. Once I did, I immediately changed and grabbed one of Chace's cars (he won't mind) .Then I headed to Madison Correctional Institution - FI Dept. of Corrections.

I went through a procedure that each visitor had to go through filling out paper work and getting body checked. Finally, I entered a room with a glass wall dividing the prisoners and the visitors with chairs on each side.

"She will be here in a moment Ms.Crawford" said one of the officers as I took a seat nervously.

Moments later I saw a tall female escorted by an officer . She had a thin build body as she walked in wearing a bright orange overall with handcuffs on her hands. She had long blonde hair, her face was filled with tiny brown freckles but her bright blue eyes caught my attention. She must have been gorgeous before the drugs and alcohol. You could tell from her bone structure. Her blue eyes reminded me of Chace's.

"Who are you?" she said coldly. 

"Um hello, my name is Chloe Crawford. I'm guessing you don't get many visitors?" I said trying to break the ice and my nervousness.

"No. I don't. So make it quick"

"Well um. I am not exactly sure where to start, I am Chace's girlfriend and I have heard a lot about you" I said and once she heard, she began to get up. I'm guessing she wanted to leave.

"Please don't leave. Please." I pleaded.

Her cold expression turned soft and she sat down. There was still a human side to her! 

"I just wanted to say that I know you have been through so much in your life, it was tough. But I think you shouldn't have cut off ties with your family. They still care so much about you but you are hurting them. Your parents would be so proud if you and Chace fixed your relationship. You are his big sister, you are supposed to look out for him not the other way around. He can help you once you are out of here, you can start over. I mean look, I understand that you don't even know me and that it is so tough to think about family and your parents. But Chace needs his big sister, every time you are brought up I see hurt and regret in his eyes. I have an older brother who looks out for me and I know how amazing it is to have someone so supportive and caring, I wouldn't give him up for the world. Your brother is one of the most amazing guys I have met, he deserves to have his amazing sister back. You cannot keep blaming yourself for the accident, you need to focus on getting your life together for the sake of your parents, for the sake of your relationship with Chace. At the end of the day he is the only person you got.  I will leave you with that for today and I will come back to visit you once you have had time to think about everything. Have a nice day."

Wow that was one of the toughest things I had to do. I am not even sure if that was an effective speech but I still have hope for them, Chace needs his big sister back and I will do everything I can to make that happen.

Authors Note: 

Whoot 2 chapters in a day, I hope you guys like them please comment and vote!

I am not sure when the next chapter will be posted so please be patient! <3

What do you guys think Chace is up to?

----------

Updated: December 28th, 2012