11 : truth

once you find out the truth, you can forget everything else.

--

[ beomgyu's pov ]

"do you miss her?" yeonjun questioned with a soft smile.

i sat with my friends during break, not in the best mood.

i nodded, "yes, way more than i should. i haven't talked to her for two weeks and it's starting to get the best of me."

soobin sat down at the table, his mouth stuffed with bread, "then talk to her again, it's not difficult."

i rolled my eyes, "it's difficult when the last time we talked was because of an argument. not to mention, she switched partners for our project. she seems really mad."

taehyun and kai sat down at the lunch table as well, interested in the topic.

"what even happened, though?" kai asked as he swallowed his food, "was it that bad?"

i shrugged, "well.. i was eavesdropping and.. i overheard y/n and hyunjin confessing their feelings for each other. what was i supposed to do?"

"you should've screamed right then and there," soobin stated, not really paying attention.

taehyun laughed, "yeah, and then you could've confessed."

"the storage room would've became a confession room at that point," yeonjun added.

sighing, i continued to eat my food. that is, until i saw the person i missed the most.. just sitting there in my peripheral vision.

i miss you, but i can't get over what happened.

gosh- i'm such an idiot.

why do i have to be so indecisive?

"y'know hyung," kai called, "we're all right here, and we can see you. we know that you're staring at her. go talk to her already."

i felt my cheeks flush as i grew flustered from his statement. what was i supposed to do when y/n was sitting right there looking so.. ethereal?

"shut up," i sniffed.

"go talk to her," suggested taehyun, "you're acting like literal children. just apologize and you'll be okay again."

i shook my head, "she probably won't want to talk to me. the last conversation we had.. i said some really harsh things. things that aren't true."

soobin patted my back, "well, if you don't want to rekindle, then that's too bad. you have many chances to talk to her and yet you don't want to."

yeonjun sighed, "just do it beomgyu. honestly, you don't know what could happen. although if you do get rejected, don't blame us."

the others started laughing as i pondered over the situation. did i really want to risk talking to her? or would i just mess things up again?

"HYUNJIN JUST GO!"

i heard y/n yelp at a table a few feet away from us. she pushed hyunjin towards.. yeona?

he looked really anxious about something, but what?

that's when he spoke..

and i understood everything.

"y-yeona.. aish, i like you.. and was wondering if you would go out with me?"

wait what?

i-i thought he liked y/n..?

"of course!" yeona cooed.

y/n had a proud smile on her face, making my insides flip. i missed her, that much was clear.

after hyunjin confessed to yeona, he headed towards y/n who gave him a hug, making me huff.

"hyunjin! i told you she would say yes! you better thank me for helping you," y/n beamed.

h-helping him?

what?

"yeah," hyunjin said as he scratched his nape, "thanks. i owe you. i guess that practice paid off?"

PRACTICE ?!

you've got to be kidding me.

i-

she- SHE WAS HELPING HIM ?!

i gasped as the realization hit me like a rock. i was dumbfounded. i was.. wrong.

"looks like you sort of misunderstood something, beomgyu," soobin teased.

taehyun laughed, "looks like you're going to be the one to apologize first."

many thoughts spun through my head in an emotional whirlwind as i tried to process what was going on.

i'm such an idiot.

it wasn't even her fault.

out of the blue, the bell rang and it was time for last period.

"see ya," i waved to my friends as i headed off to class, still shocked at my false accusations.

yeonjun yelled from afar, "GO GET YOUR GIRL, BEOMGYU-"

"will you shut up?!" soobin whispered as he covered yeonjun's mouth with his hand.

y/n, i'm so sorry.

i was wrong.

--

a/n: hi besties i'm sorry if this chapter seems rushed i was trying to finish this one up before i get grounded 🥴🙏 pray for me and hope that i don't 🙄

edit: i got grounded, sadly.