07 : selfish

what's wrong with being selfish, when all i want is your love?

--

[ y/n's pov ]

"let's go to that rollercoaster first!"

i pulled beomgyu and hyunjin with me to one of the rides at the amusement park. it wasn't very crowded, considering it was a school day.

beomgyu leaned on the line railing with a smug look, "you want to go on the rollercoasters already? we're starting off with something so intense."

"this isn't that extreme, beomie. plus, we need something to get our insides all over the place before we move onto something else," i shrugged.

hyunjin laughed, "is that some type of superstition?"

"no, cause it actually makes sense," i replied, "i think?"

once we got to the front of the line, a member of the staff split us. after all, only two people could fit in one car.

"so.. who's going with who? one of you will have to go by yourself," the employee stated.

i stepped up, "i'll go by myself."

hyunjin and beomgyu turned to me with their mouths agape. i raised a brow, confused as to why they were glaring at me in such a way.

"what?"

beomgyu frowned, "no, sit with me, you idiot. you can't handle rollercoasters on your own. that much i know."

hyunjin nodded faintly, "yeah, go with beomgyu. i-i'll go on my own."

i rolled my eyes as beomgyu pulled me towards him with a smile, "aish, fine. hyunjin are you sure you're okay with going by yourself?"

hyunjin laughed, "yes, it's okay. if you're that much of a scaredy-cat as beomgyu says, you definitely can't ride by yourself."

beomgyu nodded in agreement at hyunjin's statement and turned to the worker. she had been waiting for us to answer her and was probably growing impatient.

"we'll go together," beomgyu said firmly as he clung to my arm like a sloth.

the employee nodded and let us into the waiting gate. beomgyu still had a firm grip on my wrist. i tried pulling away, but he would just hold on tightly and boop my nose.

what's wrong with him..?

we soon found ourselves sitting in the cars, eager for the ride to begin. hyunjin sat in front of us and i poked his head to get his attention.

he turned around with a grin, "what? didn't you hear? keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times. follow the rules, y/n."

i giggled at his sarcastic lecture and continued to wait for the ride to start as we put on our seat belts. beomgyu still held my arm as if he was going to die right that second.

"beomgyu, could you let go? i think you're going to make my arm turn purple."

beomgyu let his mouth shape an 'o' as he let go, "oopsies. well i guess it doesn't matter. during the ride you're going to be holding on to me for dear life."

my eyes turned into slits as he laughed uncontrollably at my expression. at that moment, we then heard someone speak through the mic.

"enjoy your ride!"

i turned to beomgyu and started to squeal as the car had begun to move forward. beomgyu was amused at my mood and held onto the bar.

although, remember when beomgyu said i would be holding onto him for dear life?

well, he was right.

the car went very, very fast. way faster than i expected. it started off with a drop that almost made my soul leave my body.

"BEOMGYU PLEASE HELP ME I THINK I'M DYING-"

beomgyu, being the smartass he is, did not help at all with his literal answers.

"well y/n, when you think about it.. everyone is slowly dying. you're not special," beomgyu teased.

i slapped his arm that i was clinging to as my hair was all over the place and screamed, "I HATE YOU, CHOI BEOMGYU-"

beomgyu just sat still and enjoyed the rollercoaster inversions, letting out small yelps here and there.

i looked like a baby clinging to it's parent as i held onto beomgyu. once he had enough of my complaining, he put his arm around my waist to hold me in place.

"happy now?" he smirked, "it's okay, i've got you. calm down."

the track finally came to a stop as beomgyu and i continued hugging each other incredibly tight.

hyunjin turned around to see me and beomgyu pretty much cuddling at that point. i gave him a nervous smile. my hair was messy and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

hyunjin looked concerned, "y/n, are you okay? you look very.. bamboozled."

i gave him a thumbs up as i pulled away from beomgyu. he pouted and put his arm over my shoulder, making me turn to him with a smirk.

"why the heck are you so clingy today? if you're needy, then get yourself a girlfriend."

beomgyu gasped dramatically as he held his hand to his chest, "don't worry, i will."

we got off of the cars and headed towards the exit, where an employee stood.

"you should've seen the look on your face, y/n. you looked like you witnessed a crime scene," hyunjin snickered.

i slapped hyunjin's forearm and laughed along as beomgyu followed closely behind.

the employee opened the gate, but once he spotted hyunjin and i laughing together, he smiled and said words i was not prepared for.

"awh.. you guys are an adorable couple."

w-what?

what did he say..?

all of a sudden, beomgyu stepped up and grabbed my arm, pulling me away from hyunjin. i was confused.

"don't go assuming things," beomgyu stated with a smug smile, "because she's mine."