10 : horrible confessions

confessions either imprison us or set us free.

- kenneth e. hagin

--

[ y/n's pov ]

"hyunjin, you're going to have to tell her soon. just do it like how we practiced."

hyunjin clung to my arm as we walked back to the classroom, afraid i would expose his feelings for yeona or whatever. i was actually elated to hear his confession though, i thought they would be cute together.

"yeah, yeah. but what if she says.. no? can you imagine how embarrassing that would be?"

i sighed and patted hyunjin's arm reassuringly, "she probably won't. plus, if she doesn't, then there are many other people in this world. don't ponder over it, hyunjin."

nodding, hyunjin and i walked into the classroom. it looked like everyone was still working on their projects, paying no mind to us. hyunjin and i parted ways as i headed towards beomgyu, who had a very.. angry expression painted on his face?

"what's wrong, beomgyu?" i asked worriedly as i sat beside him, "you look mad."

silence between us filled the air and i wasn't sure what was going on. beomgyu avoided eye contact with me as he took notes for the project. his fists clenched until they were almost white.

"beomgyu?"

still ignoring me, beomgyu sighed and pursed his lips. he looked sort of.. disappointed? i didn't know how to explain it.

i grabbed his arm and tried to grab his attention, "beomgyu, what's wrong? stop ignoring me, idiot."

still no response.

did i do something wrong?

as uneasiness flowed through my veins, i held beomgyu's cheek in my palm to try and make him look at me. yet, he grabbed my wrist harshly and threw it away from him.

ok y/n, you definitely did something wrong.

but.. what exactly?

"beomgyu, i'm serious if there's something wrong, tell me. i swear if this is a prank-"

cutting off my words, the bell rang and signalled dismissal. beomgyu instantly got up and out of his chair to head straight for the door.

he always waits for me.

what did i do?

i rushed out the door, trying to catch up with him. luckily he was still in the hallway. i ran towards him the moment my eyes met his figure.

"beomgyu!" i bellowed, "wait!"

he didn't stop. he didn't pay any mind at all. he just kept ignoring me, and it was making me frustrated.

catching up, i grabbed his wrist and made him to turn to me. although when i did, i immediately knew this whole fiasco wasn't a prank.

beomgyu, why are you crying?

don't cry, i hate it.