09 : misunderstanding

you're not aware of it, but you're only hurting me more and more.

--

"hyunjin, can you help me open this water bottle?"

snatching the water bottle and shaking his head jokingly, hyunjin took the bottle and effortlessly twisted the cap off. i huffed at how easily he had done it.

"here, you weak child," he teased as he handed me the bottle.

i stuck my tongue out at hyunjin and grabbed the bottle, fighting the urge to spill it all over him.

i spat, "how rude."

"tch, says you," he sneered.

out of the blue, i felt someone run their hand through my hair. i gasp at first, thinking it was a spider but of course, it's just beomgyu.

i spun around and sighed, "don't touch my perfectly styled hair, dumbass."

not that it's really styled in the first place.

beomgyu smiled sheepishly, "sorry, but your hair is soft."

i rolled my eyes and sat down at my desk, waiting for last period to start. hyunjin and beomgyu did the same.

"all right, class! i have an announcement! today is going to be the start of our group projects," the teacher announced with a grin.

the class cooed at the news and immediately started looking around the classroom for partners. it was a normal thing when it came to projects, really.

the teacher continued, "i will allow you to pick your own partners. i know you will go straight to your friends, but keep in mind that your teamwork must be acceptable. i don't want any messing around for this project so choose wisely, okay?"

the class agreed and somehow i found myself staring at beomgyu. he noticed my glare and raised his eyebrows at me, putting a smile on my face.

"i'm just too handsome, aren't i?" he sighed a bit too dramatically.

i grimaced and looked away, "you wish."

a smirk found a way onto beomgyu's lips, "caught in a lie~"

i turned his way and blew raspberries making him amused. he leaned over and flicked my forehead playfully.

i scoffed, "gosh, i hate you."

the two of us then heard a voice come from behind. turning around, we came face to face with our teacher.

"you two are partners, i assume?"

beomgyu and i exchanged a few anxious glances before turning back to her and nodding. even with discussing, we would've chosen each other anyway.

walking away, our teacher mumbled, "don't get too distracted by each other, lovebirds."

what is with the whole lovebird thing between the teachers?

beomgyu jabbed my arm, "you heard that, didn't you? don't get too distracted by me and my handsome looks, okay?"

if you don't shut the fu-

"class! if you've found your partner, you can start to work on your project. i have base supplies on the table in the corner."

i nodded at beomgyu and got up from my seat to grab supplies. while contemplating on what i should get, i felt a slight presence beside me.

"oh. hey, y/n."

i smiled faintly at the boy beside me, "hi, hyunjin."

as we continued to look through cables and wires, our teacher came up to us and tapped our shoulders. we simultaneously turned around to greet her.

"hyunjin, y/n, can you guys bring those boxes to the storage room? just a quick favor, please."

after exchaning a few confused glances, hyunjin and i nodded.

our teacher smiled, "thank you!"

i started walking towards the boxes and realized there are three large individual ones. i shrugged at hyunjin, knowing we would have to take two trips.

"well, let's get this over with. we'll grab one each and carry the last one together," i stated as i cracked my knuckles.

struggling a bit, hyunjin lifted one of the boxes as i did the same. i kicked the door open with my foot and walked out the door.

i sighed and put down the box, "phew, two boxes done. one more to go. the last one should be easy, considering the fact that both of us will be carrying it."

hyunjin brushed his hair out of his face and nodded. i started walking towards the storage door, but hyunjin snatched my wrist and pulled me back a bit, causing me to gasp from shock.

"hyunjin what the-"

"I NEED YOUR HELP!"

i twitched at his yelp and backed away a bit, not sure what the hell was going on. he bowed a bit, mumbling 'sorry' here and there.

i raised a brow, "so.. what did you need..?"

hyunjin sighed and shook his hands while stomping his feet. i waited a few seconds until he was calm again. once he was finished fidgeting, the words that came out of his mouth made my jaw drop with joy.

"i need your help with yeona."

[ author's pov ]

"beomgyu! can you carry this box to the storage room?" the teacher asked, wondering what hyunjin and y/n were doing at the moment.

beomgyu frowned at the thought of them being alone together but nodded at his teacher and agreed to the favor. he got up from his chair and easily picked up the box into his hands.

beomgyu headed towards the storage room in a hurry. the box's content shook as he ran.

although, what he was in for was no where near good.

[ beomgyu's pov ]

i set down the box as i finally made it to the storage room. i looked through the small, door window to see.. hyunjin and y/n?

what?

what are they doing..?

i opened the door slightly, but what i heard.. was heartbreaking. it made my head feel light and made my heart clench uncontrollably.

no.

this can't be.

"i-i like you."

"awh! i like you too!"

--

a/n: hi

this beomgyu >>>

this beomgyu >>>