T W E N T Y

Her muscles ache from the straightjacket they forced her into. Her throat was sore and her head pinched with pain. Lexi wanted to move. She wanted to have the freedom her teammates had. She wished she could walk around the room like Sam, play like Scott. Maybe throw a ball like Clint. But the collar on her neck only allowed her to sit in her bed. 

She was afraid to move in case the guards decided it was a dangerous movement. She didn't need another shock. She slowly rested her head on the wall being careful with no alerting the guards she was moving. The collars restrained her powers, and without them, she couldn't stop the thoughts of her teammates from coming. 

That was creating a horrible headache for Lexi as well as Wanda. They knew Scott wanted to be with his daughter as well as Clint with his family. Sam wanted to see Steve in the door every time he looked at it. Lexi could feel the hope that Sam had for seeing him. The three men did. They were angry, sad, in pain, hopeful and desperate. 

Lexi was worried about them. She knew that sooner or later those feelings were going to consume them. But Lexi was worried the most for Wanda. Lexi couldn't feel anything from her. No thoughts and no feelings. And she was scared for Wanda. She was a witness to the nightmare they were living. And she knew how much the girl had to be terrified. 

Suddenly the doors of her cell opened. A guard came with a tray of food and a horrible smile that send goosebumps through Lexi's spine. He sat down in front of her and forcefully open her mouth, without even asking. He stuffed food on her mouth without giving her a chance to break or chew the food. She was choking and he was enjoying it. 

When she didn't chew fast enough for him, he slapped her. Then once again put food inside her mouth. He walked towards the door and turned around to see her. He smiled and pressed a button that sent painful shocks to Lexi's neck. She screamed in agony as the pain moved throughout her body.

The burning sensation grew as her eyes filled with tears. Her screams hurt her throat since it was dry. Her hearing became dull and she wasn't able to hear the guys screaming anymore. Wanda allowed the tears to release as she heard Lexi's screams and felt her pain. She wanted to use her magic to prevent the girl from getting hurt and save her, just like Lexi did towards her so many times. 

But she was living her own hell, as the shocks unfocus all of her senses. Lexi was filled suddenly with sharp pain. But it wasn't hers. It was Wanda's. The guard left the brunette's room and closed the door. She gasped trying to get air into her system and find a comfortable position her body hurt less, but nothing seemed to work. She didn't even have the energy to cry because of the pain she felt. 

Pain that grew when the shocks on Wanda's collar increased more. She squeezed her eyes as the feeling crashed onto her painfully. "Please!" Wanda screamed at the edge of tears. "Don't talk, or we'll make you stay quiet. It won't be pretty" Her guards said leaving her cell. He turned two face both brunettes in pain before talking again. "You two better keep quiet, otherwise, you know what's going to happen".

Tears were running down both girls' faces, but Wanda was the first one to sob. Wanda allowed herself to cry because she was feeling something. And something was better than feeling the nothingness and emptiness one more time. But Lexi wasn't doing anything. She was numb. Quiet. Wanda didn't like a quiet Lexi. 

"Hey, girls, it's alright. I'm right here, just listen to my voice". Clint said trying to calm them down. "It's okay girls. You'll be okay". "Just hang up for a little more. Please" Sam begged.  "Easier said than done". Lexi thought. She was drowning in the emotions of the people around her. She was drowning in hopelessness and despair. 

Lexi tried to keep everyone's emotions away from hers. But that meant she couldn't hear the guards coming into her cell. He slapped her hard when she didn't pay the attention he wanted her to. "You're fucking beautiful, you know?" He grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him. " If you behave I'll tell my buddies to lower the shocks, take it slower. But you have to behave. Maybe tomorrow they won't be so rough" He chuckled. "Oh princess, We're gonna have some much fun with you."

Lexi shook her head quickly asking him not to, but the guard smiled and nodded stroking her cheek forcefully. " Don't worry, Sweetheart. We won't be too rough today" He let go of her chin and left the room. She gasped for air as the tears kept falling and the sobs finally left her throat. Spams ran through her body as she tried to calm down.

"Lexi, I'm... I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. Neither of you two does". "You guys are two of the stronger women I've ever meet. We should be the ones getting tortured, not you". Scott said. "No... It's my fault I should have never taken you away from the compound. Vision was able to keep you two safe, instead, we put you in this stupid fight that we could have handled as grown-ass adults" Clint said. 

"Please just... Hang in there for us, will you?"Sam asked. The three of them looked at Wanda who slowly nodded. Moments later they looked at the daughter of Tony. "Please, Lexi". Slowly she nodded making them sigh in relief. 

Lexi sighed and let her eyes close. She concentrated hard enough to reach Wanda's mind and tried to put a happy memory but failed. "What are you doing?" Wanda asked worriedly. "Lexi, don't do that! You're tired!". "It's alright. I can do it". "You can't. You'll faint!". "But it's our thing. I'm not gonna stop because of where we are" Lexi replied. Wanda rolled her eyes. 

"You can do that when we get out of here, ангел". Lexi sighed softly. "Are you okay?". Wanda bit her lips to stop herself from smiling and closed her eyes. Lexi was as hurt as Wanda was. Even more. And she was worrying for her first?.

Instead of answering Wanda took a deep breath and pushed the pain away as she concentrated on Lexi. She sent one of her favourite memories of both of them into the brunette's mind and kept them going for a long time. She didn't care if the collar activated and it sent her through more pain. She wanted to make something good for Lexi and if she managed to get her to sleep before the collar was on, Lexi wasn't gonna feel a thing.