I AM CLOSER TO HER

Daryl POV

- So that's the same car you chased after they took Beth? - Carol asks me again and I try to keep the lights off so they can't spot us. - I remember that cross as if it was burnt with fire- I say and the light that once Beth started in me feels warmer than ever. I have been looking for these fuckers that took her away from me and now here they are. I never felt my heart beating so fast in my meaningless fucking life but I try to contain cause Carol is beside me and I don't want her to ask me more questions I cannot respond at the moment. 

- We will find her, Daryl. - She says glancing at me and I just nod. -Let's keep this low, we don't want them to see us, they can be dangerous- I say meassuring my words - After what happened at Terminus, I don't trust anyone- I spit this out and Carol looks at me - Thank you, pookie - She says and I shake my head - Please! I mean them not you, you know that- I say and she sort of giggles - What's so funny? - I say without taking my eyes from the road - Actually you- She says and ads - I haven't seen you like this since... - And she fucking stops - Since when?- I ask but I really don't want to get into this.  - You did what you could with Sophia but this is different and I can tell, Daryl... Please don't treat me like I'm a jealous girl cause I'm too old for that! - She demands and I half smile - You're not old, Carol... and you certainly know you can kick asses more than anyone - I say this because Carol changed into an amazing strong woman through all the crap she had been - I do kick some asses, but I will kick yours if you don't use your brain first this time, are we clear? - She claims and she is right. When it comes to Beth, I'm all fire and I am glad it's Carol that got stucked with me. - Well, you keep me grounded so I will be careful- I glance at her quickly and she nods smiling - Good boy- And we keep driving. 

After two hours, I'm worried we will run out of gasoline - They are stopping! - Carol points and I slowly pull the car aside - What's that? - Carol asks and someone gets off the car - I don't know but we have company - I reply and some walkers are surrounding us - Don't worry, we can handle them, keep an eye on the car- She says and glances at a walker on her side. The car stars again but we can't move - We'll have to walk or they will notice us- I say and Carol nods - I know a place where we can hide and get a better perspective- She says and I nod. We slowly kill the walkers and get out of the car as smooth as we can. 

Carol knows the way to a building but she doesn't tell me anything and for now I won't ask. My mind is set on rescuing Beth. She is more present than ever. I don't know why but I can feel it in my fucking guts. Like a stupid teenager but I can't give a fuck about that now. Beth is closer and I can't wait to see her again. As we get to a room, I disarm on the bed. My body aches but I think it's beacuse I'm a wreck of nerves. I always avoid this but it's no use when it comes to her. - Sleep, I'll take the night watch- Carol says - Ok, are you alright? - I ask and my eyes are closing - Yes, sleep Daryl - She replies staring out of the window. It's really quiet in here and I can't even tell if it's good or bad, some walkers pace outside but they cannot get inside. I can't help but falling asleep and I see her, she's standing in front of me with that yellow shirt and long blonde hair, like an angel. She is smiling to me and I reach out for her but when I'm about to reach her hand, blood is all I see and she falls. I jump off the bed sweating like a pig. I clean my face. I don't know what the fuck was that but I won't let it happen. I AM CLOSER TO HER. That's all that matters.