TODAY I FIGHT

Beth POV

We're getting out today... Noah and I planned this out. I can't think of anything else but to fight instead of mopping floors. I'm tired of pretending not to listen to Dawn's stupidity and getting blame for the "common good". They don't even know what that means. Rick knows, dad knew, he does... There's not a day that passes by I don't picture him. The last man standing: Daryl Dixon. Who knew that night when we were opening about each other that we would end up like this? I always wanted to be brave like him. He's the bravest man I ever knew. Now he's not around but I have to be strong and that's why I'm going out of this hell hole.

-Beth! - Noah is calling me and I nod. It's all settled. I'm coming down first. I'm used to fight walkers, Noah, I don't think so. When we're down I can feel the rush of adrenaline like before. I haven't felt so alive since Daryl was with me. I remember when he taught me how to use the crossbow. Jeez. I felt so honored and blessed. I thank God for moments like that because I still believe. I know I have things to do and I know Daryl needs me as much as I need him. I can feel my blood pumping through my veins. Maggie... she must be worried sick. I'm sure she's fine, she is stronger than me.

-Keep moving! - Noah whispers and we head to a back door. - I don't want the guards to notice- He says and as soon as it opens the sun blinds me but what a feeling. It makes me wanna smile. -Run- I say to Noah and we see some walkers in front of us. I never knew I could actually miss those things! I kill a few and Noah stumbles but follows me. The guards are already upon us and I am pointing a gun - Step back or I will shoot you! - I yell at the top of my lungs and I make a sign for Noah to keep going. I can't remember how but I'm on the floor now and they have me trapped but Noah is out. I can see his face worrying but I smile. I did it. I helped him. They cannot take that away from me. This will be a story I will tell Daryl over and over. And he will be proud. That's all that matters. Today I fight. That was my first thought and I done it.

I'm dragged back and I can see Dawn is more than pissed at me. - What the hell were you thinking? - She asks me placing a hand on her gun. I have no intentions to reply and I just glare with satisfaction instead. -Why are you even smiling about? You will get Noah killed or worst! - She yells but I know I haven't - He didn't belong here. I don't belong here. Accept that for God's sake!- I yell and Dawn just hits me hard. - You're a spoiled little girl that will get us all killed! I should have left you there- She spits out and I feel the pain and the blood running through my face - You should have... I was safe, now I am not... - I say and I'm dizzy- What do you mean? - She grabs my arm tight- I mean you can't hold me back, Dawn... you have the clock ticking against you...- I keep smiling till I pass out. All I see is Daryl standing behind her, looking at me proud - Well done, Miss Greene - He says and I smile even more. I feel him near and I'm willing to fight for him. For us.