What will I do without you?

Daryl POV

Rick looks like he wants to kill this priest. I am aiming just in case. I admit I missed my crossbow. I think Beth was the only one that I actually wanted to teach how to shoot. For her safety, I should have protected her. Damn, Dixon! Focus. I stay in the back as usual cause I can see everyone and I aim better. Michonne is helping Rick with Gabriel. That's his name. He looks scared like shit. I don't know how the dude survived for so long. He should be walker doggy bag by now. That makes me wonder if he really is naive as he looks. 

I glance at Carol from time to time. She feels the same way about Rick. He left her in the middle of nowhere, she should have killed him but she didn't. We all screw up. I have big time and the worst part is I can't fucking do anything about it so far. That drives me fucking crazy. Is she alive? She must be. Then it hits me. I remember the car... it had a cross on it. Maybe Gabriel knows something. I walk faster to Rick and with a single touch on his shoulder, Rick knows I need this man of faith alive. - Maybe he knows about Beth's, dude - I whisper and Rick nods. The guy seems to be more thankful to me than to God or whoever was supossed to be watching us. He leads us to a church. Jeez, I think if I go in, it will set itself on fire. I never been to a church before. I decide to stay outside to patrol. 

I sit down and rest my head in my crossbow. Now this has become my last memory of her. I'm becoming insanely stupid as crap. I hate this. I avoided feelings all my meaningless life just to let a younger but clever girl flip me like a fucking dolphin. But I do, I think of her and I find myself thinking about the moment I see her eyes again. I think I'm freaking smiling right now. -Who are you and what have you done to my Pookie? - Carol jokes and sits beside me. I shake my head and push her. She's hiding something. I can tell. I know Carol too well. -I can ask the same thing, you know - I say and Carol avoids me - I don't want to talk about it - She just says and she looks tired. 

-You were smiling, Daryl- She says and stares with that tiny smile she does when she wants to know. - I guess - I shrug and look down - I didn't know I was able to but... - I joke and she chuckles. She takes a deep breath and  just says - Beth? - I close my eyes. How on earth does she do that? - I was just thinking maybe this Gabriel chicken knows something about her- I say and I look up to find some stars. Carol places her hand on mine - We will find her, she is going to be ok - Shit. I am not comfortable talking about Beth. She means so much more to me, I don't think I will be able to explain the way she touched me. - I dreamed about the day they took her- I finally say and Carol is listening carefully. - Wanna hear something funny? - I say but I'm not laughing. Carol nods. - The thing is... What I am worried about? - Fuck. How can this be so fucking difficult - I don't know what I will do if anything happens to her, you know? - I shrug cause now I feel completely exposed. I think she will laugh but she places her hand on my shoulder and it calms me. 

I stand up - We should keep this car running- I change subject and Carol just limits to help. We listen to a car noise and I see it. HOLY FUCK. I rush to start the car and Carol stares in wonder- THEY GOT BETH!- I yell as my heart is pumping out of my chest. SHIT. The car with the cross. FUCK. Carol follows me - THEY TOOK BETH! - I yell again and we start chasing them. Jeez, I never felt so alive in my whole existance. I finally have a clue and I'm not giving up until I find my girl.