Bonus Chapter 2

It's been eight months. I've taken time off work because Natalie started school and it's kind of hard to run around and hand out food when you're pregnant. Natalie sits at the table colouring while I read. It's really boring sitting at home all day. Natalie never makes trouble and knows how to keep herself busy so I have to find things to do myself.

Tobias should be coming home in ten more minutes so we'll make dinner together like usual. Ten more minutes of boredom. The bell rings. "Daddy!" Natalie gets up and follows me to the door. He never comes at this time. "He's very early," I ruffle Natalie's hair and she follows me to the door. Something is wrong. I can feel it. When I open the door I'm about to speak but I bite my tongue when I see who is at the door.

"Evelyn." Tobias's mother looks me up and down them looks at Natalie. "Hello, Beatrice." She walks in without an invitation and sits on the couch. "Tobias is at work," I tell her. She lets out a laugh. "I know honey, I saw him." She picks up the magazine I was reading and flips through the pages carelessly. "Mommy who is that?" Natalie speaks. She looks at Evelyn in fear. I decide not to explain it to her. "Why are you here?" I say. She definitely isn't here to just say hello. "Oh, your parents didn't tell you?" Evely glares at me and I squint my eyes at her. What is her problem? "Even if we did tell her who you are she wouldn't know you. She's never seen you before." Natalie holds my leg tight. "Whatever. I'm not here for chitchat anyway." She gets up and I back away.

Seven minutes. I have to stall her. "What are you here for?" I ask again. She smiles. "Your family is almost complete. How cute." It's getting harder to stay calm. I need Tobias. I need him to protect me. I don't know what she wants from me. "Just answer my question." My voice isn't failing me yet. I keep my voice steady and try to stay calm. She smiles. A sly, evil, mischievous smile. "Mommy, I'm scared," Natalie whispers. I want to tell her that I am too but I can't. I have to be brave.

Evelyn walks to the kitchen and looks at the utensils. "I never really liked you, Beatrice. I don't know what my son was thinking. I only want the best for him. I thought I had it under control when his father agreed to get him married to Elanor. I don't like to lose control." I have no idea what she's talking about but I keep listening. "I know her disappearance has something to do with you. People don't just quit factions for fun." She turns to me for an answer. "I didn't get rid of her! Tobias did, I don't know how because he won't tell me." Evelyn grits her teeth and gives me a fake smile. "Is that so? If you think I'm going to believe you, you're wrong. How dare you blame it on my son?" It's hard to fight my tears off now. Is she seriously accusing me of getting rid of Elanor? "You aren't right for my son. You are not an Eaton, Beatrice. I can't let you stay with my son. That's why I have to get rid of you and teach him a lesson." I don't know what to think or do. Evelyn is going to murder me and Tobias won't be home for another five minutes. Natalie lets go of my leg and sits on the floor with tears running down her face. "Leave my mom alone! My brother is in there!" I try to keep a straight face but after hearing Natalie my fear shows. This can't happen. I have to do something.

Four minutes. How can I stall her longer? She picks a knife from a drawer and turns to face me. "Keep your mouth shut or you're next." She sobs. "NO!" I can't let Natalie watch this. "Go upstairs, Natalie." I tell her. She cries. "Mommy! I don't want to leave you!" Tears come to my eyes and I let one fall. "Go upstairs Natalie." I repeat. She gets up to hug me then runs to the door. "Where are you going?" I yell. Evelyn has already started to walk over to me and fear takes over my body. Should I run after my daughter? I would but I can't. My legs are frozen. "You can run but you can't hide Beatrice." She's right. She'll keep coming after me even if I escape. I should just listen to her. Tobias will have Natalie. He'll find someone else. I'm too much for him. Too much drama.

"Fine." tears roll down my cheeks as I realize these are my last moments on earth. She's going to kill me.

Three minutes. She's right in front of me now. I close my eyes and try to escape. Into another world, where Tobias and I can live in peace without his crazy parents or secrets. Where it can be perfect. It doesn't work, though. I'm still taking my last breaths and Evelyn opens her mouth to say something. "I'll take good care of him." It's a lie. It's a lie. She's a lie. She will never take care of Tobias. She left him with Marcus and saved herself. Tobias will never let her near him if she kills me. At least I'll be saving him from her. I need to sacrifice myself for him. For Natalie too. "Goodbye, Beatrice." no. This is not the end. I wake up from fear and punch her with all my strength. She was so close to me that when she stumbles back the knife scratches my stomach. I scream and collapse. There are footsteps behind me but I'm too lost to care who it is. "Tris!" It's Tobias. I try to get up but I'm in too much pain. "Tobias!" I call, holding my stomach. He runs over to a figure on the floor. To Evelyn."How could you do this Evelyn?" He yells. Natalie hugs me and I hug her back. She brought Tobias to save me. "Mommy you're bleeding!" The pain hits me again as Natalie reminds me of my cut. When I put my hand on my stomach I see the blood. Tobias turns around and looks me in the eye. "Take mommy to grandma and grandpa's house Natalie. Now." Natalie obeys and takes my hand but I can't move once again. My head throbs and my stomach feels like someone is cutting it open slowly. Before I can say anything I fall to the floor and everything goes black.

__________________________________________

When I wake up I feel pain. My head aches but my stomach is feeling better. I remember what happened now. "Daddy she's awake!" I hear my daughter's voice. "Tris?" Tobias says. I see him come up to me. His eyes are red and tears glisten in them. "Did you miss me?" He nods and holds my hand. "Evelyn went to jail. She won't come near you again." I smile. I knew he would protect me. I'm safe when he's with me. "The baby," I say weakly. I need to know if it's ok. A tear falls down his cheek which worries me. Is he gone? I'll never forgive Evelyn if he is. "He's ok. We got a doctor quick enough to save him." I hold his hand tighter, then turn to Natalie. "Thank you, Natalie." She smiles. "I love you, mommy." I kiss her on the cheek and tell her I love her too.

"So, do we live happily ever after now?" I ask. Tobias nods. "I guess so." I sit up and we have a group hug. And we live happily ever after. The end.

A/N: Ok this is the actual official end of the story.  I'm actually really happy with this ending. They fought for their happily ever after and I love when characters do that. They fought for it and got what they deserved. Tobias and Tris deserved so much better in the book too but it can't be that way. I mentioned this before too but I write this story because I wanted them to have that happily ever after and I wanted to know what their life would be like if they chose differently. Anyway, I really enjoyed writing this story and I hope you enjoyed reading too. Thank you so much for reading until the end!