Chapter 11

Where I wake up, I can't tell. I wake up somewhere with grey walls. A room. I feel better than before. I was so tired earlier. I fell on the stairs. That's all I remember.

My vision is blurry but I can make out the person looking at me. Dark brown hair in a bun, I could recognize her anywhere. "Where am I?" I manage to croak out. She sits beside me and smooths out my hair. "How are you, Beatrice?" She asks me. "Fine," I say, still eager to know where I am. The room looks clearer now. I can see better. My mother wears a soft smile on her face.

"Tobias is up. Everyone is with him downstairs." This must mean I'm in his room. I want to get up but I can't. I'm still exhausted. My eyes get droopy and no matter how much I fight it sleep finds me again. My eyes are open enough to see my mother walk out of the room though. But then I remember what I had to say. I remember it all now. The ring.

"Mom!" I say, waking up again. She turns around. "What is it?" She walks back over to me concerned. "His ring! His ring is gone." She holds my hand tightly. "We will get a new one. Get some rest now." She is about t leave again but I stop her. "It was my fault." A tear falls down my cheek. "Why would you think that? It is not your fault. Marcus is just cruel." She looks angry but I have to make her believe me. "He did it because of me! He saw the ring and knew about us. He hates me." tears stream down my face more now. Why am I so emotional? "Beatrice, it is not your fault. Marcus beat him because he knew he couldn't control him. He knew he lost and couldn't get what he wanted. He didn't do it because of you, he did it because he didn't get what he wanted." before I can respond she walks out of the room.

><><><

I sleep through the whole night. No dreams. Just darkness.

I'm still in Tobias's room. I feel a lot better so I get up to see what's happening downstairs. The only people there are my mother, father, and Tobias. My parents cook up breakfast as Tobias sits on the couch. His eyes are still red and there are marks on his neck from where Marcus held him. I still stand by the stairs, waiting for him to notice me.

When he looks I give him a small smile and walk over. I hug him tight and tell him, "I'm sorry, Tobias.". He pulls away. "About what?" He questions and I look at him for a few seconds, how could I have let this happen? I hurt him. "Marcus hurt you because of me," His face gets serious. "What are you talking about? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say." I shake my head. "I know it was my fault. He found out about me, so he hit you. I'm sorry." My voice is unstable but I control my tears. "It is not your fault, Tris. You weren't even there when it started! How could you be so sure it was because of you?" I didn't expect him to scold me. After thinking about it, I don't know what I wanted him to say. "Beatrice, you're up!" My mother says, saving me from replying. "Perfect timing. We also have something to talk to you about." Tobias and I walk over to the table without another word. We have oatmeal and eggs for breakfast and eat in silence. "So we were thinking about setting the date for your wedding." My father says as he takes his last bite. This gets our attention. "When?" I ask. They have been talking about setting it for a while now but never decided on a date. "Monday." My mother answers. Tobias and I look at each other. Monday is in two days.

"Wow, that's soon." Tobias says and I nod. "We just want you guys to be together as soon as possible. You'll protect each other. That way something like last night won't happen again." My father says.

It's not that I'm not ready or I don't want to get married, it's just that everything is happening so suddenly. The phone rings and my mother gets up to answer it. She nods as the caller talk and the curiosity grows. When she hangs up she comes back to the table and tells us, "Marcus is getting arrested. We have decided he is a danger to us and we don't want him to bug any of us again." My mother looks at Tobias for an answer. "Thank you so much, Natalie." He gives her the sweetest smile and I feel so lucky to have someone like him in my life. It's like fate brought us together.

Tobias squeezes my hand under the table and I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

We will be alright.

(Baby don't u know all of em tears gonna come and go baby if it's gonna make up ur mind we decided we will be alright)

A/N: This chapter was so boring I honestly didn't want to write it cuz I had no idea what I was doing or what I wanted to happen but it turned out ok and I wrote a bunch of chapters this week so I thought, why not publish 2 chapters today? Anyway, enjoy! 2 more chapters.