Recovering

'I have died everyday waiting for you'

Its been a few months since Edward's gone and no matter what I still love him even if he doesn't love me back or thinks I'm not enough for him and its true. As much as I try I can't heal the wound he created.

 All I do is put him and his family in danger and it was good they decided to leave.

Today I had decided to go by the cliff. Parking the car nearby, I get out of it and start walking towards it. 

Once I'm near I notice the scent of wolves and prepare myself. Walking closer to the cliff, the pack notices my presence.

"Who are you" one of them asks

"none of your concern" I simply say before walking and taking a seat at the edge, letting my legs dangle.

"Hey, your Bella's friend. Right?" a boy asks

"Well I wouldn't say friends, more like enemies" I say and he laughs

"So what brings a pretty girl like you down here?" he asks

"heartbreak, I guess" I say 

"Ahh" he says

"I'm Jacob by the way" he introduces, a toothy grin on his face

"Ember" I say 

"So Ember, want to go cliff diving?" he asks

"Nah, I want to save it for the right moment" I say and he nods.

"I see, well its supposed to be scary as hell, in my opinion I think its some mad, reckless shit" he says and I laugh

"Well I'm all for mad, reckless shit." I say 

"Hey, uh, would you like to come to the reservation sometime. " he says

"Sure" I say with a smile.

TIME SKIP

After a few more hours of getting to know Jacob, we instantly became best friends. When it became dark, I decided to head home but something crossed my mind. Like an urge of curiosity. 

Spending time with Jacob, I realized he had not had his transformation yet. The topic suddenly changed in my head. 

If my mom was an Alpha , which pack did she lead. That question lead me all the way to the Port Angeles book shop.

Entering I saw the same guy who was there last time. Looking around the shelves I went to the same place I found the Legacies book. 

That's when my eyes caught sight of another book. 'The originals'

I picked it up and started going through it. It talked about the first of every supernatural species. Klaus Mikkelson one of the first original vampires. 

That's when I found my dads name. 

'Charles Monroe'.

 I turned the pages and soon found my mother.

 'Emilia Black'. I read through her page and froze. She was alpha of the Quileute pack but left when she met dad'. 

I smiled, now I know my heritage. Placing the book back in its shelf I exited the store and made my way home. Inside I made myself a cup of hot chocolate and changed into my PJs.

 Placing my hot chocolate down, I looked at my piano and remembered the day Edward and I played together. That was also the day he promised me.

Flashback-

Edward and I were currently in my room cuddling when he noticed my piano. He stood up from his seat on my bed leaving a pouting me as he walked to the piano and switched it on.

 He stretched a little before playing a soft melody.

"Which one is that" I ask utterly relaxed by the tune

"Its your melody" he says, still playing it.

"What?" I ask now sitting up

"When I was thinking about you I played this. It reminded me of you" he says softly turning off the piano and coming over to the bed. 

He sits down and lays his head on my lap. I start brushing my fingers through his hair and he hums in approval.

"Edward will you promise me something?" I ask

"Anything" he says, eyes still closed.

"Promise me, you will never leave. That you will stay with me forever" I say and he opens his eyes.

He sits up and cups my face with his hands and softly caresses my cheek.

"Where would I go without you, I promise I will never leave you" he says with a smile before placing his lips on mine. I kissed back instantly as my hands move to his neck. He bytes my bottom lip asking for entrance and I open my mouth.

He slides his tongue inside my mouth. I don't fight for dominance, but instead let him explore my mouth. 

We then separate and lay our foreheads together.

"Always" we say in unison     

Flashback end-

I sigh at the memory before finishing my hot chocolate and laying down.

"You promised" I say out loud before falling asleep.