Chapter 11. The First Step

For the next three weeks Kaylee was on her best behavior. Whenever she decided to go somewhere not only did she take Ike with her, she always sent a text to Brandon, Kale, Aidan, Mia, Kaitlyn, Taylor, Kia, Bryan and Darren to let them know where she was going, when she arrived, what time she left and what time she got home. It was a bit of an overkill knowing Kanna was watching her every move, but no one wanted to say anything because she was giving them exactly what they wanted, although once she started, they regretted pushing her so hard.

"Dude! Make her stop!" Bryan called Brandon from his office. "We have a lot of important calls coming in, but Kaylee keep sending us location texts and we thinks it's Kia, but it's not or something to do with our job, but it's not! It's highly distracting."

Brandon grinned as he walked around his own office. "Not my fault she's like this. Your father and mines were the ones that came over and beat the crap out of me after Kanna told them, no showed them what happened. So, Kaylee is just trying to prevent that from happening again. I love it and so should you! Deal with it!" He hung up the phone not wanting to hear his complaining anymore. Kaylee was just giving them what they wanted.

He suddenly got a text, along with everyone else, from Kaylee telling him she was at the grocery store with Ike. He texted her back to buy several packages of rib eye steaks and smiled. Life was good! Both businesses were running smoothly. Kaylee's wound had healed nicely, and she was back to herself. Ike was behaving and wasn't causing him any problems except for the crush he'd developed on Kaylee. His men were doing well. What could possibly go wrong?

Kaylee stared at the text from Mia. "Could you pick up some diapers while you're there, if you don't mind?"

"Could you pick up three cartons of milk, please? I'll pay you when you bring them here," Kaitlyn asked with a smiley face.

"Hey! Bring me some beer!" Kale demanded.

*Ignores*, Kaylee texted him.

Kale sent her an angry face.

Aidan suddenly texted her. "Hi, Kaylee. How are you doing, honey? We miss you."

*Blocks* Kaylee sent him in which Aidan responded with 5 sad faces and 5 crying faces...

"Hmph," Kaylee grumbled. She was still mad at them for invading her home and beating up Brandon. Who did they think they were? They had definitely gotten on her bad side.

Kia's text suddenly popped up. "When are you coming over? I'm bored out of my mind. By the way, can you pick me up a few Toblerone bars? I'm craving them so much right now."

Ok, perhaps it wasn't a good idea to let everyone know she was at the grocery store, Kaylee thought. She looked at Ike who was happily going down the aisle and throwing whatever he wanted into the cart.

"Ike! I have a list!"

"We rich, we don't need it! Let's get two of everything on the shelves!"

She watched him throw a bag of dog food in the cart. "We don't even have a dog! Put that back."

"I was hoping if we buy the food, Brandon will be forced to adopt a dog," Ike told her.

"We don't need a dog. We have the ferrets which I gave you. What have you been doing with them?"

"They're right here." Ike unzipped his backpack and the two ferrets popped out their heads to look around. They climbed out and took off running down the aisle scaring the grocery shoppers.

"Ike! Why did you bring them here? Go get them before people start complaining!"

She watched him chase after them and shook her head. Ike was certainly a handful, but she couldn't help but adore him. He'd become her shadow and followed her almost everywhere and had become just as protective of her as the others. He certainly put Brandon's mind at ease since he didn't have to hire another person to secretly follow her around. She was still a little pissed he'd done that.