Chapter 4. Kaylee's Family - Part Two

Kaylee stared up at the huge house located in San Francisco's most prestigious neighborhoods, Sea Cliff, and wondered what was happening behind those closed doors. She knew it wasn't going to be calm and serene like the Braxtons.

She took out the two apple pies she'd baked the day before knowing better than to come there without bringing some type of food. It was mostly for Kale who demanded her cooking almost as much as his son. Mia didn't even get jealous over it, she was relieved at least someone brought desert after the meals she had to cook for her men and children.

As expected, it was Kale who answered the door before she could even finish knocking. "What took you so long?!" he asked impatiently and took the apple pies. She watched him take them to the kitchen.

"Nice to see you too," she called after him not at all put off by his usual gruffness. Her relationship with Kale had gotten quite interesting over the two years. She had grown close to him which was surprising considering she had been afraid of him before and after dating his son, but being with his son was the reason Kale had a special relationship with her.

It seemed Kale thought she was the best thing that ever happened to Brandon and he was determined to keep her with his son by any means possible. This included threatening to beat Brandon if he wasn't treating her right or making her happy whenever he saw his son. Kale thought Kaylee was her son's savior, plus she was just a wholesome nice girl that was too good for his son, but he didn't give a damn because Brandon needed someone like her in his life, those were his words exactly...

Kale turned back to her after carefully sitting the apple pies on the counter and grinned. Kaylee knew what was coming. He grabbed her into a bear hug before she could escape. "Kaylee, sweetheart, how you been? My knucklehead of a son treating you right?"

"Yes, he is..." Kaylee was barely able to answer but knew not to hesitate or Kale would suddenly start frowning and pick up the phone to curse Brandon out for no reason. He was serious about their relationship working.

Kale loved to squeeze her tight in his enthusiasm to seeing her. She was very happy he accepted her, quite giddy that he was so fond of her, but she was sure he was going to break one of her ribs one day with his affections. She really couldn't breathe until he let her go. Thank goodness Mia was always around or Aidan to rescue her from the big man.

"Kale! Put Kaylee down, the poor girl's face is turning blue!" Mia scolded him popping up behind her husband.

"Not my fault she doesn't have enough meat on her bones to cushion her against a real man's hugs," Kale said as he gently sat Kaylee back on her feet and let her go.

"What exactly is a "real man's hug?" Aidan asked walking towards them with Jaden beside him. "Hello, sweetie," he said giving Kaylee a light hug and a kiss on a cheek.

"Exactly the opposite of your pathetic hugs," Kale crossed his arms and nodded after making his point clear.

Kaylee looked from one man to the next. She totally understood why Mia chose to be with these two very good looking men; Aidan with his blonde and golden features and breathtaking blue eyes and Kale with his dark eyes and perfect long black hair and high cheekbones to die for. Not only were they extremely good-looking, even for their age, their personalities were night and day. Aidan was the charming, sophisticated one and Kale was just brute, aggressive, pure male. Why choose one when you can have the best of both worlds?

"How are you honey?" Mia asked giving her a hug. "Is that a new dress?" she asked standing back to admire the color. "Periwinkle right? Such a pretty color on you."

"She should be pregnant in it," Kale said.

Aidan tilted his head and rubbed his chin. "Yes, exactly."