Chapter 7

Mikoto had him cornered by the door to the rooftop. She looked not pissed, but annoyed.

"You've really got no idea who your soulmate is, do you." She questioned although it was more like a statement.

Aren nodded.

"I can't find them anywhere. And can I be honest, I do like someone, have for a while, so this soulmate thing is quite suffocating. To know they'll just be someone to me for a while, but I won't be with them forever. It's sad you know."

Mikoto's jaw dropped open. Was it possible that this guy was so oblivious that he didn't add 2 and 2.

"You...wait so who do you like?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

Kuboyasu blushed a bit.

"Just one of our friends. He's everything I need and more, so you see why I'm stuck in this problem. Someone's out there who I'd be even more compatible with." He said.

Mikoto slammed him against the wall.

"Are you s-t-u-p-i-d?! Please, I don't want to interfere but this is driving us all insane. Just find your soulmate. Heck, they even know you're their soulmate. How is it so hard for you?" Mikoto yelled into his face.

Kuboyasu was fuming. He raised his arm up, prepared to fight, when he heard a quiet voice behind him.

"Hi Kuboyasu! I was looking for you every-" Kaidou said as he rounded the corner. He stopped dead in his tracks when he realised the position Kuboyasu and Mikoto were in.

To Kaidou, it looked like something sexy.

Kaidou couldn't tell if he wanted to cry or cry, so he squeaked a 'sorryyou'rebusyrightnowbye' and ran.

Kuboyasu looked back at Mikoto, still fuming but unwilling to hurt her if it meant Kaidou would run away from him. He then took off down the hall after his friend.

Mikoto just shook her head. If she, an unqualified fortune teller couldn't help them, then who could.