Chapter 1

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY SOULMATE'S INITIALS ARE D.N.?" Yumehara Chiyo yelled at an uninterested Mikoto. "You sure you didn't read it wrong, maybe his initials are like KS or something?"

Mikoto looked back to her friend. "Chiyopipi, I can't help it if your soulmate isn't who you like right now. One day you'll find the right guy. Now, anyone else want me to read their soulmates initials?" Mikoto asked to the gathering crowd of girls.

Before any of the girls could say anything, the guys had all voluntold someone. "What about miss Teruhashi? Wouldn't she want to know?" Of course, they were only doing so as to hold onto the hope maybe they were her soulmate.

Teruhashi looked over at her friend Saiki and faltered. "I-I don't need to know who my soulmate is!" She stuttered. Then she regained her composure. "The gods have someone in store for me, and I will make sure to share my love and joy with them. But I am not tied down by this, I will share my love and joy with everyone." Almost inaudibly, Saiki groaned.

All the guys had tears in their eyes. "Teruhashi is truly a wonder!" They all cried.

After a cheer was done for Teruhashi and everyone had calmed down, Mikoto continued to read girl's soulmates for them.

Chiyo was still in disbelief, and was sure a certain blue haired boy was her soulmate. "Hey, Kaidou what about you?" She said to Kaidou.

Kaidou payed no attention, too busy staring ahead at one of his friends by the blackboard where Nendou had somehow duct-taped himself to the wall.

Yumehara tried again. "KAIDOU" she yelled into his ears, snapping him back to reality.

Yumehara smiled, then tried again. "We haven't had any guys ask for their soulmate yet, I'm sure some girls would appreciate a guy asking."

Kaidou turned pink, and got extremely flustered. Yumehara thought it was because the idea of being noticed by girls was too much for him.

In reality, he had just realised he'd spent the past 10 minutes staring at Kuboyasu, and how he laughed at Nendou, and how his eyes were filled with a warm fire, and other romantic bs that turned him all blushy.

"Y-yeah ok I'll g-g-give it a shot" Kaidou said. At his consent, Yumehara pushed through the line of girls and pushed Kaidou to Mikoto at the front of the line.

"Kaidou desperately wants to find out who his soulmate is!" said an enthusiastic Yumehara. Kaidou gurgled in response.

Mikoto sighed, knowing her friend would be disappointed in what she found. "If that's alright with you Kaidou. Now, give me your hand." She said, holding her hand out.

The girls were very interested in finding out who Kaidou's soulmate was, mainly because he was a guy. And because the girls were interested, the guys were interested too. Everyone quietened down as Kaidou tentatively held out his hand.

Suddenly, Mikoto grabbed a jar of paint and spilt it all over his hand. She looked at if for a few seconds, then looked around the classroom for a bit.

"Kaidou, I can say your soulmate initials are much harder to read than normal. Usually, it's written in their hand and eyes and soul. For you, it's hidden. I get why now. You would never expect that this particular person would be your soulmate. Their initials are most likely A.K. or K.A." At this, Yumehara let out a scream of frustration, and girls started gossiping.

As Kaidou went to go wash his hand, around the class, different girls were sharing their knowledge of the girls in other classes. "I think in class 4 there's a girl called Ai Kuroko." "What about that second year, Amie Kantou" "I think I know a graduate from last year, her name was Kimi Ahiru".

Even the guys were talking. "Thank god it's not Teruhashi" "He's not worth Teruhashi's unconditional love" "NO-ONE is worthy of Teruhashi's undivided love".

One Chiyo Yumehara was seeing red. Maybe she could change her name to something starting with an A and ending with a K.

She was so fixated on legally changing her name she didn't realise her friends, minus Nendou still stuck to the walls, walk up to her.

"Woaaah to think Kaidou has a soulmate. I wonder if she's rich." Mera said. "I'm sure she's a soul who will provide Kaidou with many challenges and put up a tough fight!" Hairo joined enthusiastically.

"Hairo, you sound like you're wishing him an opponent to fight to the death with." Said Saiki. Hairo looked confused. "Isn't that what a soulmate is?"

Yumehara heard Kuboyasu laugh. "Maybe to you. But to me, a soulmate is someone who's always there for you, who you're always there for. Soulmates learn from each other. They complete each other. Two halves of a whole. My mother and father are true soulmates, they've always been there for one another, leading their gang, causing chaos, but having fun. I hope I can find someone who I can have fun with, but someone who can teach me to be vulnerable, and someone I can teach to be strong."

Something Kuboyasu said resonated with everyone. They were all lost in thought a bit.

It was a Kaidou who had snuck his way back into the group that spoke up first.

"I agree with Kuboyasu. I have no clue who my soulmate is. There're millions of people with the initial A.K. or K.A. I bet. But I'm sure I'll find them, one day." Kaidou said smiling at Kuboyasu.

Kuboyasu smiled back.

Yumehara felt something click in her brain.

"Hey Kuboyasu-kun, just for fun, how about you find out your soulmate's initials?" Yumehara asked a little too excitedly. Kuboyasu shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

They made their way back over to the table Mikoto was sitting at and asked for her reading.

Mikoto looked at Kuboyasu's eyes, and before anyone could blink, gasped. Unnoticeably, she glanced up at Kaidou and back to Kuboyasu.

"You want a soulmate who'll be there for you, and who won't go running when they here you were a part of a gang. You want someone to look at you the same. Then you want to change for the better around them. You're looking for someone who can teach you to be scared, and to care, and to hurt." She said. Kuboyasu, shocked at her accurate prediction, nodded.

She glanced over at Yumehara. Looking at Yumehara's clouded expression, Mikoto knew Yumehara knew too.

"Kuboyasu, your soulmate's initials are S.K."

A small choke was heard from Kaidou, but Kuboyasu didn't notice. "I wonder what kind of girl she is" He said, and sat up and walked over to Nendou to help him get down.

Everyone seemed to click in that moment. As if a voice was entering their thoughts, "Kaidou's soulmate is Kuboyasu. Kuboyasu's soulmate is Kaidou. Good grief."

Everyone looked at each other. Kaidou was the colour of a beetroot, looking like he was about to faint, or have a panic attack.

Hairo awkwardly took charge. "So...who's telling Kuboyasu?".