Chapter Eight: Dreams

CHAPTER EIGHT: DREAMS

I slumped down in the back seat of their car, not making eye contact with anyone, no matter how many times that dumb overly-cheery Alice girl pestered me in to conversation.

Eventually, I exploded. "Isn't it bad enough that you had to drag me all the way out here-- against my will, and now you won't shut up!" I screamed, slapping the door and kicking the seat infront of me, holding Edward.

Everyone suddenly quieted down, and either than that, the only response I got was Edward turning up the music. I leaned back and groaned loudly, covering my eyes in frustration.

Boy am I glad they drive fast, I thought.

I slid down the seat until I was crouched down in to the butt-cup of the seat. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier as it grew darker around me. Is this car ride even supposed to be long?

**

I opened my eyes. I was in a forest. My senses were tingling at high levels, a every little noise, I turned around sharply, trying to catch whatever it was.

Squirrel!

I leaped through the air, running at top speed, on all fours. As I lunged through the cool air, I sensed another presence, smelled another smell.

Vampire.

I switched directions in mid-air and hit the ground with a boom. Instantly, I was flying, weaving through the trees at top speed.

A flash of colour.

I took a sharp turn to my right and kept on running, my paws hitting the ground, causing sticks to crack and leaves to rustle.

Soon enough, the trees started thinning out and I reached the road. I cautiously walked across the pavement, not wanting to be seen or run over.

Zoom.

Inches away from my muzzle, a car went speeding past, blowing up dust everywhere. I only know a couple people in Forks who drive that fast. The Cullens.

Forgetting my first priority of chasing the vampire, I ran after the car. As I picked up speed and grew closer to the car, my lungs started burning even more. The cool, almost minty, smell of the vampires started to fill the air. It was intoxicating.

I looked to my left and saw a face, floating through the trees. It connected to a body and legs that were a blur. I edged closer and the smell grew. I turned and lunged in to the trees again and chased the girl until she reached an open area that had leaves and fallen trees scattered around, making a circle.

Carefully, I tip-toed in and came face-to-face with the vamp.

A different face.

I'd never seen her before. Sure, she had a the caramel coloured eyes, and the pale skin of a vampire, but she was different.

Her skin was flawless, not a single blemish that could be remarked; and the colour of snow. The colour of my fur. Blonde hair, that seemed to be white, flowed freely from her scalp, reaching her curvy hips. She brushed back some flyaway hairs with her long, skinny fingers.

That was the hair I envied.

The blonde hair that fell perfectly and effortlessly at her sides and curled slightly at the ends.

Despite being immune to the cold fall, she wore a baby blue jacket and simple blue jeans. Her long legs stretched down from the sparkly belt and touched down on a pair of tattered sneakers.

It may have been quiet, but with my strong senses I heard it.

A southern drawl.

"Hey there darlin'."