Chapter Five: Vampires

Hey guys! Sorry for the late upload. It's kinda short and pathetic but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!

~twiheart26 

Edward's over there :) -------------------->

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER FIVE: VAMPIRES

I stood in front of the desk, angrily. I was tapping my foot impatiently, causing a slight echo to bounce off the walls.

"I told you! Can I speak to Doctor Cullen, please?!" I repeated for the hundredth time. This nurse seemed foreign and I don't think she could speak much English.

"Je ne comprende pas ce que tu dis," she started in French.

I cut her off with the wave of my hand. "Save it sugar."

I shoved pass the nurse before she could react and marched down the hallway. I read the signs on each door quickly. "Cullen... Cullen..." I muttered under my breath.

"Ah hah!" I tried the door, but it was locked. So I knocked quickly.

"Come in," a voice said. I heard extremely fast footsteps, the door unlock and then the squeak of a chair.

I stomped my way into the room. "I know your secret," I started, already becoming overwhelmed by the scent. I paused when I saw another boy there. He seemed around Jake's age. Seventeen or eighteen. His gold eyes pierced through my dark brown. Man, he's fine... I thought to myself, causing him to smirk.  

"Hello," he began, "I am Edward Cullen."

The second he said 'Cullen' I was down in a fighting position. He held up had hands. "Do not worry." 

My lips curled back over my teeth. "I know what you are and what you did. And I could tell everyone in this building. A secret like that could spread so quickly," I said.

Seconds later, Edward had his arms around me, holding me up against the wall. His voice was much less calm, menacing even. "You wouldn't," he growled.

Dr. Cullen rose from his chair, floating gracefully over to us. "Edward, please calm yourself."  

Edward let go of me, as of in a trance and sat down on a chair. "I assure you we couldn't have done anything wrong." Dr. Cullen held out his hand in a friendly gesture. "You may call me Carlisle."

"Oh, no," I started, acting oblivious to his hand, which was held out in front of me, "you did everything but something right! And you aren't something right either."

Carlisle looked taken aback. "What could we possibly be that is this wrong?" he asked.

I put my hands on my hips. "You are vampires," I hissed. "You kidnapped my father! How could you possibly think that you didn't do anything wrong? You, you--leech! You dirty bloodsucker!"

Edward leaned forward angrily. "You're not any better, dog!"

I scoffed. "At least I don't have to feed off the blood of animals and humans! I can be as human as I want; I don't have to transform if I don't want to!"

Carlisle broke up the fight. "Woah, woah! You two, calm down," he started sternly. "These doors aren't sound proof!"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "It's not my fault if your secret gets out."

Edward smirked. "You do realize you have your own secret at risk, I assume?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Ugh, I forgot about my pack's secret," I muttered under my breath.

Carlisle laughed. "Why do you even believe that we have stolen your father? I mean, we, the Cullen's, are probably the nicest vampires you will ever meet."

"I--" I began to object, but I was interrupted by a petite girl bouncing in the room.

"Oh, Ayesha! I knew you'd be here! Your father... He, he..." she cut herself off.

Anger flashed in my eyes as I grabbed her shirt collar. "What did you do to my dad?" I growled.

"N-nothing! It was the-the--"

"The Volturi," Edward and Carlisle both interjected. "The Volutri kidnapped your father."