07

It was as if I came back to the phase one again, the tension in the air was too suffocating that I rather go out and sit at the top of the airship. I actually felt pressured and was glancing at others from time to time, checking if they were doing anything suspicious. I snapped off from what I was doing. Instead of worrying I should just take advantage of this, I mean, this is the perfect opportunity to observe them and assess their abilities.

I mentally listed those people whom to watch out for, I mean it's better that way so I could able to prepare myself in advance, especially there are people here that are more experienced in this field than me. And that guy named Tonpa, I'm telling ya that guy got those manipulative skills.

Netero catches our attention by introducing himself formally. He explained that he was the chairman of the year's selection exam and soon the green bean looking guy presented himself and stated that he was Netero's secretary, named Beans.

"Originally, I'd planned to make my appearance during the exam's final phase but as I'm already here..." Netero trailed then scanned the whole room. "I'm loving the tension in the air!"

Well, I'm hating it.

"So I think I'll stick around for the rest of the trip," He added then laughed.

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning at eight am," Beans said."You'll find dinner waiting in the dining hall, and you are also welcomed to take a rest. In other words, you are welcomed to do anything until you are contacted,"

Then the next thing I knew, I found myself with Gon and Killua. I didn't know how, they just practically dragged me here and there. I sighed and let them do what they wanted. Then soon enough we sit by the window and stare at the city lights.

"Hey, I was wondering where are your Mom and Dad?"

"Hmm..They're alive probably,"

"What do they do?"

My attention was now averted to these two. I sat there silently with my legs crossed and my fingers intertwined in one knee. I wonder what Killua's parents are like...I mean if you look closely, he seems like he's from a rich family, bet they're businessmen.

"Oh? They're assassins,"

My brain stuttered for a moment, every part of me seemed to stop as I tried to comprehend what he just said, and Gon's amazement didn't helped at all. He was staring at Killua like it's cool or something. For Christ's sake who raised these kids?

Killua seemed to be amazed at what Gon did. He sat down and told him that he was the first person to react that way. I diverted my eyes away from them and took a moment to think. If his parents are assassins then there's a possibility that he's one too. I shouldn't be on his bad side then.

"Well, you're telling the truth, right?" Gon stated, with his eyes lingering at Killua's.

'What makes you think that?"

"It's just a hunch,"

"That's weird," Killua slumped his head down at the table. "People only like me because they can't tell whether I am serious,"

"I'm from a family of assassins, so they're all assassins and my family has really high hopes for me but I can't stand it. Who wants their life planned out for them?" He began to explain. I could see a glint of sadness from his eyes.

"When I told them I wanted to decide my own future, they all snapped! My mother had tears streaming down her face, as she told me "I have the potential to be a top assassin","

I see we are quite similar but for me, I didn't get a chance to decide for myself as it was already planned the moment I got into this world. If I could but think about it, there's no one to do it but me.

"Fiz, you're quiet again,"

Both of them shook my shoulders violently to try to make noise out of me. I swear these boys are annoying as hell. I just went along with it which made them even more frustrated. Soon Killua stopped and looked behind our backs.

Then Netero came walking from the opposite side. I sighed, these old man really knows how to play his game. I already knew he was coming but guessed he wanted to play around for a while.

"When did you get there?" I asked, standing up. I flipped my hair to the side and waited for him to answer but it seemed like he was ignoring me.

"Ah, Netero-san? Did you see someone over there?" Gon asked.

"No," Liar.

"You seem pretty fast for an old man," It's now Killua who said those. I was about to laugh at the comment until I felt the tension in the air.

Netero then looked at me and I already knew what he came for. I sighed and just ignored his presence. I diverted my attention back to the window and stared at the starry sky.

"Yoshinubo called—"

"Would you tell him to stop calling? It's annoying," I stated before snapping off to reality. I realized what I did and pinched the bridge of my nose. I turned to Gon and Killua who was now curiously looking at me. "I'm sleepy, goodnight,"

I made my way out of there. I hated it when I'm being pressured to do things and it just sucks because my grandfather does that whenever he feels I'm not doing my job right. At such a young age I already felt this kind of stress and seemed like I would be until my deathbed.

As I walked through the long hallway I felt someone approaching my back. Tsk, Young thugs. I was about tell them off when I saw them already laying on the floor with multiple pins stuck on their heads. My lips twitched when I saw the same thing stopping just a few inches away from me. Damn, having this infinity thing really saved my life, good thing I was able to inherit it. A weird man then merged out of the shadows. His head movements giving me chills.

"Hisoka was right..."

I grabbed the pin that was still in the midair. I took a good look at it and I saw the poison laced on it. I chuckled and made my way to him.

"Pins? What an interesting weapon of choice." I said and gave him his pin back. He stared at me, the mechanical noises was giving me creeps that I had to step back.

He then raises his hand and attempted to grab my arm but is unable to do so. I could see that he was a little bit amazed as he tried to jab at different places. I then turn to the man laying down. He seemed to notice my gaze.

"Don't worry, they'll wake up."

"That sucks, I wanted to fight them, you know?" I muttered and squatted to check their pulse. Well, I was just checking if he was telling the truth or not.

I was about to ask him again when Killua suddenly appeared right before us. He grabbed my arm and hid me from the back. He stared at the pin man coldly before pulling me away.

"What are you doing with that Man, Fiz?"

"Oh, he helped me," I answered. "A group of thugs was about to attack me from behind, though I could do it myself, he still helped,"

"Tsk, you shouldn't have left us, and don't go befriend someone else! They'll use you to your advantage," A little blush crept up on his cheeks which made me smile and teased him. "Baka~I'm just concerned!"

"Oh, where's Gon?"

"Still playing with that old man,"

"What were you all guys playing? It seems interesting,"

"Don't, you'll just get bored,"

We reached a room and opened it to see Kurapika and Leorio already sleeping. I went to lay down using Leorio's feet as my pillow and within seconds, I got pulled to a deep slumber.