11

Third Phase has finally ended. Hope no more tricks for the next phase, I thought as soon as the glaring sunlight hit my skin when we took a step outside of the Trick Tower. The wind grazes through my hair making it float in the air. It looked as if I was in a shampoo commercial.

All was left was a total of 25 applicants, base from their appearance, they seemed to be tough to handle. A smirk left my lips when I realized that the man was still here, he took notice of my gaze and quickly went on my way.

"I'm surprised, you can keep up,"

"Same to you," I replied. "But I guess, the next one will be the last phase you will compete in,"

I began to sense his anger and a chuckle left my lips. I decided to go back to the guys and leave him there, fuming mad. I really wish that the next phase will now involve fighting other applicants. My hands are itching to punch.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, congratulations on having escaped the Trick Tower," Lippo announced. "Only the Fourth Phase and the Final Phase remain,"

Only two more huh, I thought. Well if that's the case then I might find myself home in a matter of weeks. I couldn't wait, I already miss the warmth of my bed.

"The Fourth Phase will take place on the Zevil Island." He said while his hand was pointed at the back. "Let us proceed,"

With a snap of his finger, an odd looking man came up while pushing a table cart carrying a box.

"I will need you to draw lots,"

"Lots? For what?" someone said from the crowd.

"To determine who will hunt and who will be hunted." He replied. " Here, are twenty-five numbered cards, in other words your ID numbers are on the cards."

Soon the applicants go to the front to get cards in order of the time they arrived at the base of Trick Tower. Hisoka was first and then followed by the Pin Head guy. I lost track of the people and soon I was next. I got to the front and I was about to leave when Lippo said something that made me taken a back.

"Your performance back there was incredible." He smirked. "Netero told me about you, so I decided to test you, and in case you are wondering why you don't have watch, I did that on purpose,"

"I made you fall into trials that require thinking, I think I made a good decision of putting you there. I didn't expect you to solve that room. You are indeed from Gakuganji Clan," He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "It's an honor to meet one,"

I gained composure and slapped his grip off my hand. I cleared my throat and took a step in front of him. "Bullshit, Lippo, that was foul, that's clearly unfair,"

He raises his arm in the air. "I'm truly sorry, I was just curious,"

"Sorry my ass, you even made me fight a special grade cursed spirit! Where did you even get that?" I spat out. "What's your motive? Are you perhaps testing my strength? Or did that old man tell you to do that,"

"N-no, Netero is outside of this!" He was clearly scared of me. I clenched my fists. "Special Grade? what do you mean? I don't know—"

"The one I fought,"

"To be honest, he wasn't on the list of prisoners I got from Zaban City, I, myself, was shocked too," He replied and composed when he noticed that I'm now already calm. "So I just let him fight you,"

"I see," I replied. I wonder if that thing is connected with my father, it could be but it could be not.

I gave a nod and left. My mind was still boggled with thoughts and didn't realize that all of us already got the cards.

"Everyone's taken a card? Then, remove the seal from your card," He stated and everyone did so. "The card indicates your target,"

As soon as he stated that. A lot of the applicants rushed to cover their ID numbers. Well, I can't blame them though but to think of that, isn't a little bit too late to do that? I somehow already memorized their ID numbers so hunting would be easy for me now.

176, huh, Exactly what I wanted. I think God finally heard my prayers earlier. I get to battle the man and steal his card. I can't wait to see him tremble again.

Lippo had explained that the box recorded which card we got then he proceeded to telling that we could do any method to get the our target's card, so in other words we get to kill them. Oh I just hope, Neither of the guys got my number or else I have to defend myself.

"Your target's ID is worth three points, including yours. Other ID will be worth one point, in order to pass this round one must gather six points,"

Soon enough we boarded a ship that would take us to the island. Then suddenly I felt a shiver on my spine and I quickly looked back to see who it was but there was none. Gon grabbed my hand asked if something was wrong but I just laughed it off to him.

"I'd like to commend everyone on board for their excellent work during the Hunter Exam Third Phase! I will serve as your guide, My name is Khara,"

Even though she said that in a loud tone, I somehow couldn't bring myself understand what she was saying. I was too preoccupied again by the fact that I felt that something bad would happen on the island. Let me tell you, my intuitions are never wrong.