16

"What are your plans?"

I tore my attention away from the box, closing the lid to momentarily to erased the distraught face written on the poor woman's face. It was petty, I know she was posing as my fake mother but to behead it, makes my stomach churn.

"I have talked to my personal driver in the devil island, he told me to stay—"

"A driver sneak up on the island?" Netero then looked at Lippo but the man just raised both of his hand in confusion.

"I didn't let him in!The whole island was under surveillance ,"

"Uhmmm...He didn't help completing the task if that's what you worried about that," I said, reassuring him. "He's just there to say some things..."

"I see," He seemed relieve. "But what are your plans?"

"He told me to wait until they got their hands on him,"

"Well, That's his plan, what about yours?

"I..." I looked him into the eyes. No words. I can't thick of any plans. But I don't want it to admit it to him.

"I think she needs to rest first, Netero. She had a lot to take in for the day," Menchi then grabbed my shoulders and guided me to the door.

"What if Gakukanji attacks? What she gon' do?"

"I can fight him!" I said and tried to stop Menchi from closing the door.

"You guys keep forgetting that she's twelve! How could you—"

Those were the last words I heard before the door closes with a thud.

The whole situation was worst than I expected. I never thought Gakukanji will move this fast, I thought he would wait until I got out of here. But then again, why does he want to kill me? I just can't understand his reasons.

Is it because I am a hindrance to his plans? I didn't know what to do, the other sorcerers has yet to contact and provide me information but how the hell they would do that?

I bit my lip. I need to have a plan. I told my self, firmly. Worrying will only make things worse.

"First things first. I need to get out of here,"

Leaving this place was the only option I have. I need to get in touch with the other members. After all I have to offer help in stopping Gakukanji from his plans.

Then within the moment, those guys suddenly entered my mind. I gulped.

I did have a great time with them, can't deny that fact, and I actually love them being around me but I have a job to do, this is the only choice I have.

My heart ache. I took a deep breath to steady myself.

"Hey, heads up," said a voice close to my ear. Then a heavy arm landed across my shoulders, strangely it gave me comfort.

"Leorio, what are you doing out here?"

"Strolling...Killua and Gon had gone off somewhere..,Kurapika? He's on his revenge thingy again,"

I laughed. I only asked what for him and he provided all.

"You were gone for long. What take you so long in the interview?"

Thinking of it, Netero didn't even bothered to interview me, it was weird.

"Uh...yeah he asked a lot of things,"

"What things?"

"Hmm..." I tried to think fast. "My favorite pet?"

"No, what!" He laughed. "he actually he asked who do we think we wouldn't want face off in the last phase and who we want to fight. I hope you didn't choose me tho,"

"Nah, why would I." I said.

"If you were my opponent then I should just back off right from the start," He said, looking pitiful.

"Leorio you look down on yourself too much,"

"Compare to the other guys, I'm pretty weak,"

"Maybe physically?" I said and his expression went sour. "But you are intelligent. I admire that about you,"

"Oh gee, thanks," He said, his ego boosting up.

"Aren't you planning to be a doctor?"

"Yeah, I-I actually after this hunter exam, I am planning to go to a medical school,"

"Wow, I think you would do great in there!"

"How about you?" He asked, suddenly, which made me stop walking.

"Hey-Hey! No fainting at the middle of the hallway, you can't expect me to carry you!"

"What?"

"You turned pale when I asked that question,"

I went to a nearby window to see my reflection. I really did turned pale.

"Are you okay? Did I do something wrong?"

I didn't answer him. I was contemplating whether to say it to him or not.

"I-I'm" I said looking into his eyes. " I'm thinking of leaving tonight,"

"What?" There was a long pause.

"I can't explain everything but it's about my grandfather he's—"

"Wait" He stopped me. "What? How about us? How about the last phase of the exam?"

"Listen to me first." I said getting irritated. "My grandfather wants to kill me,"

"What?!"

"I know, shocking right?" I said but confusion was written on his face.

"I have so many questions right now, but who in the world will kill their granddaughter?"

"Maybe him?" I grumbled.But then my mood seemed to lift up with his presence.

"He's not really my grandfather-maybe in papers but not biologically," I added and he seemed to scrunch up his face on that

"I see,"

A voice came out of nowhere and I turned to the side to see Gon, Killua and Kurapika standing there.

"When did you guys get in here?!" Leorio snapped.

"I followed Fischl's scent," I didn't know what to react at what Gon said.

"Hey, don't focus on us, aren't you guys talking about something?" It was now Killua. His cold gaze grazes over my skin.

Well, guess I have to start over again. 

Aaahhh the end is near!