Vanitas and Ventus

Not really a dating relationship, but a brotherly relationship.

Vanitas sat in him and Ventus's shared bedroom.

"Van!" Ventus came running through the door. "Wanna go and watch the stars? They're starting to come out already."

Vanitas smiled slightly, getting up and grabbing his brother's hand, and together they walked to the entrance.

"Where are you two going?" Vanitas recognized Aqua's voice. She was Ventus's older friend, along with Terra.

The pair turned around and saw Terra standing next to Aqua, his arms crossed curiously.

"We were going to go and train." Vanitas felt Ventus's hand squeeze his slightly. The blonde hated technically lying.

Aqua stared up at the sky, her dark blue hair as vivid as ever. "Its a nice time right now. I suppose we could come with you."

Terra nodded in agreement, his gaze softening.

Ventus nodded eagerly, and ran towards the training rings, dragging Vanitas along.

When they reached the golden training rings, Vanitas was exhausted.

"Do you have to run so fast?" Vanitas gasped, trying to catch his breath.

"No, but I'm just excited."

When Terra and Aqua had caught up, Vanitas wondered if they trusted him yet or not.

"Did you guys just want to stargaze?" Aqua guessed. "You could have just said that."

"Oh, we could have?" Ventus's face turned slightly pink. "Our bad.."

Terra glanced at Vanitas before rubbing Ventus's hair affectionately. "Its okay, you didn't know. Things have been a bit strenuous since.. well, you know. Master-" he stopped suddenly, his gaze falling.

"Since the Master died." Ventus finished. "Yeah, I know. But the thing is, we can't let ourselves be sad by that."

Aqua nodded. "Yeah. Now, let's go to the observatory." She smiled before glancing up the small hill.

The observatory was simply an area with a single bench, but it was a good place to look at the sky.

Aqua and Terra sat on the bench, while Ventus and Vanitas laid down on the grass. While settling down, they had to let go of each other until they got comfortable, then they held hands again.

"Hey, why do you guys do that?" Terra wondered aloud.

"We like to think it represents our unbreakable connection." Vanitas looked at his brother, and kissed him on the cheek before looking back at the sky.

"And why do you do that?"

"He's my brother. I can do whatever I want." Vanitas looked up and saw the upside down worried expressions on Aqua and Terra's faces. "Within reason."

It seemed like forever that the four of them watched the sky.

Vanitas saw Ventus's eyes start closing, and the sky darken even more.

"We should get back," he sat up, stretching his arms and yawning.

Terra and Aqua nodded in agreement.

"Ven," Vanitas whispered, nudging him slightly. "Wake up, we're heading back."

The blonde blinked open his blue eyes, and got up.

As they walked back, Vanitas couldn't stop his thoughts from wandering.

Why is Ven so tired? Probably because we got stuck in that hole for half an hour. But that was Sora's fault for not using magic.