Chapter 14- Running

It was day one without Bucky.

I awoke to my phone blowing up with messages from him. How sorry he was and how much he loved me. It was great to see that he believed me but I didn't want to let him off so easily. I had decided to visit some of my favourite locations before I became an Avenger, just to take my mind off of things. 

I took the subway to my favourite cafe for some breakfast. I pulled out my phone and received a text from Nat.

Nat: Morning I hope your okay! I may have beaten the truth out of Steve.

Y/N: I hope you hurt him :)

Nat: I did. Are you coming home?

Y/N: Not for a bit. I'm going to take a few days to myself.

Nat: Okay.

Y/N: Meet for dinner?

Nat: Sure!

I headed out to do some shopping. I took a break for some coffee and headed back out on my travels. I had forgotten how much I missed this city and how much I missed spending time with myself. Before long I had returned to my hotel room, preparing for my night out with Nat. I still hadn't answered Bucky's calls or texts. I took a taxi to the restaurant and saw Nat already seated at the table.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm okay. I spent the day by myself which was fun"

"Have you talked to him?"

"Nope. I don't see why I should, he really hurt me."

"He's destroyed at the tower. Hasn't left his room."

"Oh.."

That was the last of the talk of Bucky. It wasn't something I wanted to know about and I just wanted to spend the night feeling free. We ate some dinner and then made our way to a bar. We also unknowingly started a pub crawl. We did shots with strangers and sang karaoke together. Some how, even though we were wasted, we managed to return to my hotel room in one piece.

I awoke first, seeing Nat passed out beside me. I looked at the time, 10am. Nat was definitely late for a team meeting. Tony had excused me from meetings to take some time off so I was fine but she definitely wasn't.

"Nat.."

I shoved her awake and she was sort of confused.

"How did we end up here?"

"Drunk us must have done it, you're late!"

"Oh no.. I'm going, I'll come back later!"

She pulled on her shoes and ran out the door. I pulled out my phone, thank god I didn't send any texts. There were however videos of Nat and I singing, I could remember bits of that. There was also videos of us doing shots in what looked like many different bars. I forwarded the videos onto Nat, to see if she remembered any off it.

Nat ran into the meeting, still in yesterdays clothes.

"Ow Nat, walk of shame!" Wanda joked.

"Nope, we were just wasted and I passed out in Y/N's hotel room"

"You saw Y/N, how is she?" Tony asked.

"She's okay. I can-"

There was a beep from Nat's phone, which was my text. She opened it and played the video and burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry- I just-"

She was cut off by Tony grabbing her phone and watching the video for himself.